- Full legal name: Christian Iseli
- IRC: c4chris- on a few fedora related channels at freenode
- City, Country: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Profession: Computer engineer, system manager, bioinformatician
- Company: SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (http://sib.swiss)
Packages I currently maintain in Fedora
My goals in the Fedora Project
- make Fedora a good choice for the bioinformatics field
Packages I want to see published
- mainly bioinformatics packages, and system management type packages
- I have a PhD in computer engineering.
- My thesis was on reconfigurable processors (using FPGA chips) and accompanying tools (compilers and such...)
- I've now been working in bioinformatics for about 18 years...
What other projects have you worked on in the past?
- I have not been part of an open source project team, but I worked for a couple years on porting binutils/gcc to a small microprocessor and got some patches included upstream (in EGCS at the time...)
- I also have a few projects on SourceForge , username c4chris
What computer languages and other skills do you know?
- nowadays it's mainly C and Perl, but whatever works...
- I know my way in Linux and Solaris (been managing Sun machines since the Sun 2 in 1985 or so...)
- I also had some fun with HP/UX, Tru-64, VMS, Tops-20, NOS/BE and some others I don't care too much to remember...
Why should we trust you?
- because I'm Kaa singing "Trust in me" ? :-)