|Home:||NBI , KENYA (at the moment)|
|IRC:||frankieonuonga on Freenode in|
|#fedora-admin #fedora-meeting #fedora-buildsys|
My name is Frankie Onuonga. I am a student currently undertaking my Bachelor of science studies in computer science and mathematics.
I have been using Linux for approximately 7 years now going and coming back from time to time. I have finally decided to get a machine to dedicate to Linux development. I now have something small that I have put fedora Linux on and customizing it to suit my needs.
I am also a package maintainer on GNU for quickthreads which is a thread management library. More information can be found on my slides and code on my github page.
I am not contributing back to the community through some code and hopefully will be able to get others onto the fun fair.
I am now part of the fedora infrastructure team.
I am mostly going in two hours every day to commit code amongst other things.
- MSN: email@example.com (rarely used, you can guess why)
- Skype: frankie.onuonga
- GPG key: [2013-07-18 [expires: 2013-11-15] 7DB543E6]
- Key fingerprint: 3264 B3E6 4CA0 5442 A112 9F1A 37BD 43E7 87F8 4F1F
- Mobile Phone: +254788348198
Activities within Fedora
- contributing to make things work way better and smoother. Simply said I am "the chef " of things and I love it.
- Working along with other developers to correct errors in .planet files of users.
- Some include missing information and some are wrong information structure.
- A lot of cool stuff to let me into the basics of logging in remotely and editing stuff.
- Also bug reporting and management.
Working on a Koji which is the current build system. Change of design to make it better for users to use . Also trying to build a new system along the side for users to use in the long term(Copr). Adding multiple features that should make the system easier to use, more secure amongst many other features.
A whole load of learning which is fun -Maintenance on cloud init to make it work prefectly on fedora. -Porting from Ubuntu to Fedora -Learning a lot about dependency and how to make them less.
On the 28th October 2013 I was elected into the Fedora Cloud working group. I assist in various tasks within the group.
Building a local mirror in Nairobi Kenya to allow content to be pushed much faster to end users. Working on some algorithms to enable the mirror to be slightly faster (Still in research).