|Birthday:||February 22, 1981|
|IRC:||gbraad on Freenode in|
|#centos #chinalug #fedora #fedora-ambassadors #fedora-arm #fedora-devel #fedora-mini #fedora-mips #fedora-mktg #fedora-zh #meego #milkymist #mipslinux #qi-hardware|
| Badges (
Failed to decode JSON.)
Failed to decode JSON.
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德
Software engineer for both Unix/Linux as Windows based software in different programming and scripting languages. Has broad knowledge about maintenance of a mixed OS and virtualization environment using both F/OSS and proprietary technologies. Active user of Red Hat Linux since the Vanderbilt release (RHL 4.1).
I am a developer with a unique blend of creative, managerial and technical talents. I am highly motivated and constantly trying to broaden and deepen my extensive knowledge and expertise. From childhood, I have been active in IT; I clearly turned my hobby into a career. Through my openness and involvement I can turn each problem into a challenge that needs to be tackled with a successful outcome. I can be technical, but have excellent communication skills as a team leader, a quality which I have shown many times as IT manager.
Recently I have worked for a software development company as a full-time developer for .NET, Java and dynamic languages. My last assignment dealt with interoperability and cross platform support (x86/Windows, Linux and ARM/Linux) of a large .NET codebase. As part of my interest I give lectures on software development (and Open Source) and promote Open Source activities throughout China. As hardware engineer I deal with MIPS, FPGA, ARM and DSP projects.
Associate member of FSF, FSFe, ACM
Activities within Fedora
- Fedora Ambassadors
- Activities in China
- Member of 中文用户组 / Fedora Zhongwen User Group ("FZUG")
- Assisting the Chinese Fedora/Linux community
- Chinese MeeGo Community, representing the MeeGo™ Spin by Fedora
- Project-lead of the Fedora-MIPS port
- Compatibility testing for primary and secondary architectures (e.g. ARM, MIPS)
- Maintainer of coLinux images
Areas of Expertise
- Software Development
- Desktop/web development
- cross platform GUI
- .NET, Java, Python, etc.
- Performance tuning and debugging
- Continuous integration and deployment management
- System administration
- Linux/Un*x and Windows
- Broad knowledge of virtualization technologies
- VMware ESX
- KVM, OpenVZ, Qemu, Xen
- Linux/Un*x and Windows
- TCP/IP and network protocols
- Routing, HTTP, ...
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Sun Certified Java Programmer
- Object-Oriented Foundations
- DSDM Foundations