|private Mail:||praveenkumar103@gmail(dot) com|
|IRC:||gnovi on Freenode in|
|#fedora-design #fedora-india #fedora-social|
| Badges (
Failed to decode JSON.)
I am a Physics Teacher and free software enthusiast. Working as a Lecturer in Physics since last 12 years at Govindram Seksaria Science College Belgaum, India.
Involvement in Free Software
Using Free Software and ExpEYES for classroom and laboratory demonstrations for 11th and 12 grade. Maintaining a blog for ExpEYES ExpEYES Blog. Involved in FOSS training programs for science teachers. Worked as a member of committee for “Development of ICT Curriculum for students and teachers” @ CIET-NCERT, New Delhi.
Developing new physics experiments with low cost apparatus with ExpEYES and python. Developed plugins for ExpEYES in python for doing various mechanics and sound experiments.
Talks & Workshops
- Talk and workshop at RMLL-2014 "Exploring Phenomena of Sound Waves and Electromagnetic Induction with ExpEYES : An Open Source Portable Science Lab"
- "ExpEYES : An Open Source Portable Science Lab" at FOSSASIA -2014 held at Nortan Universuty, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Workshop on "Innovative Physics Experiments with ExpEYES",at Carmel College, Nuvem Goa
- ExpEYES workshop at Jansons Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
- Workshop on "Free Software for Physics Teachers and Experiments with ExpEYES" at G S S College, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Resource person for ‘UGC Sponsored State Level Workshop’ on “Experiments for Young Engineers and Scientists–ExpEYES” on November 15 - 16, 2013 Organized by Department of Physics & Electronics P.V.K.N. Govt. Degree College, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh.
Software Freedom Day - Belgaum []
Date: 20th September 2014
Place: G S Science College, Belgaum.
Address: Shrirang, Plot No 6 Vrindavan Layout Vidyanagar Angol Belgaum 590006
Karnataka State INDIA