- Monday morning mtg, planning/priorities for week
- met Westford Fedora folks thanks to Warren - now sitting next to Spot in Paul's desk
- emailed John re: filming presence at POSSE, will follow-up
- sent in site request form for redhat.com/posse
- updating speaker suggestion list with feedback, beginning to draft recruitment pitches
- joined planet Fedora
- Tried a crack at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_tour#In-depth_feature_profiles to get over writer's block
- revised 5 Slides About POSSE, taking far too much time to do so
- pinged FUDCON swag sources for POSSE swag quotes (between $75-$320 for 500 stickers. Yowza!)
- figuring out couchsurfin' housin' for July travel
- POSSE speaker invite drafts
- July travel settled
- discovered how bugzilla works by spamming quaid with docs tickets ;)
- Weekly POSSE planning call with gdk, ctyler, humph; we are kicking ass.
- POSSE press call with Greg, Kara... we're getting a lot of practice explaining POSSE to people. Sweet.
- good grief you people send a lot of email.
- Watched Sebastian completely kick ass through a very productive Edu SIG meeting. Greg was lurking along with us, logs are finally up.
- SIG goal is to highlight/improve/evangelize/help users implement in schools/edu contexts the edu packages available in Fedora. Note focus on packages. Spins just help us gain momentum/traction for packaging-fu.
- It also now has weekly meetings. Yay Sebastian, again!
- Our next spin will be specifically for the POSSE profs (and ready in time for POSSE week).
- Aggressive roadmap for that on its way. Sebastian is going to be driving, it looks like I'll be riding shotgun (with the hopes that I can hop out of the passenger seat after July and pass this on to someone else, yay momentum!).
- Strategy: Have professors teaching classes on how to contribute to OSS (educational) project as our target user base, and k12osn list to be their users.
- People to get input/feedback from on this: Steve Jacobs's Math4 class (via KarlieRobinson)... any others?
- Starting the flywheel on this one took 2 hours of 100% attention, hopefully that'll diminish after the next few meetings once Sebastian gets everyone in the habit of participating.
- Asked other Red Hat interns for feedback on POSSE so far, already have some good leads/material ideas from that. Win!
- POSSE administrivia call with Greg and Max
- swag budget: desperately put $ amounts by everything,
- followup on Red Hat POSSE web presence; Greg taking to brand
- ...and slides. Greg's picking those up too. Yay Greg!
- Website thoughts braindumping inspired by Max's notes and Mo's gorgeous mockup
- Got SIGs/Education and Edu Spin wiki pages, plan, direction, etc. to a point where (hopefully) it can help Sebastian run things more smoothly. (This was on personal time.)
- send out swag donation requests for POSSE
- followup with Lana
- followup with Kara (Weds)
- followup on POSSE filming presence with Kim (Thurs)