I am Siddharth Shanbhogue, and I'm from Bangalore, India. I have been using Fedora and other Linux based Operating Systems for more than 8 years now, and I am a novice when it comes to development, but I want to give back to the community that I have learnt so much from. I now work as a systems engineer, and am pursuing a career in UNIX and Linux Systems.
More About me
- Gained a Master's Degree in Computer Applications at RVCE, Bangalore.
- Learnt to use FOSS and wrote a few research papers based on FOSS and it's implementation.
- Multilingual in English (Fluent), Hindi (Fluent), Kannada (Fluent), Konkani (Native), Marathi(Partial) and Japanese (learning).
- Joined Cerner Corporation in 2014 as a UNIX Systems Engineer in the Infrastructure Domain.
What I Have Done
- Worked on and built an LFS (Linux From Scratch) build in 2011, targeted at the student community.
- Worked on a Network Login Management System for my College (based on Ubuntu clients & a Debian server)
- Contributed tutorial posts to Linux blogs such as LinuxCandy.
- Helped out friends, family (and strangers in IRC as well as in person) with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Linux based systems.
- Regularly promote the use of FOSS in my peer community, through Seminars, guest lectures and more whenever possible.
- Work on Automation in RHEL based servers using Shell Scripting in BaSh and KSh.
What I Want To Do
I want to improve the penetration, usage and community contribution in my city - Bangalore. As of today I do not see any activities or meet-ups happening towards promoting fedora or Linux in particular. This needs to change.
- Begin contributing and continue to work on Linux based Systems and start application development as well.
- Work more actively towards tutorial contribution to informative blog sites, including my own.
- Work towards hosting and conducting FOSS events in my College and University.
- Work on Open Hardware projects with Pidora [Raspberry Pi with Fedora] and more.
- Learn more about RedHat Clustering, OpenStack and Docker
- Get Certified in RHCE, RHCSA and OpenStack Administration
Ways to reach me
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org irc: sidx64 [usually on #fedora]