(→Bugzilla triage extension plugin)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 15:13, 3 October 2010
How to make Bugzilla more palatable in Firefox
Bugzilla triage extension plugin
Bugzilla Triage Addons is an installation page for a Firefox extension (requires Firefox version 3.6 or later). All Bugzappers are recommended to use this script. This extension adds additional buttons to a bug page on Bugzilla which will create a stock response to a bug.
- NEEDINFO Reminder will not close the bug but send a reminder to the reporter that the maintainer is asking for information to resolve the bug
- NO RESPONSE is the stock response and settings to close a bug that the reporter never gave sufficient information for
- MARK TRIAGED will mark bug triaged according to the current rules
The buttons fill in the fields but do not submit the form, after selecting a button check the fields and click Save Changes. Not all buttons are useful for everybody, some of them are useful only to Xorg maintainers, however it is not too difficult to change buttons without changes in the script for triaging other components (author will gladly help with it).
Requests for support, enhancement of the script or bug reports about the script itself, should be filed to this issue tracker or directed to its author <mcepl at redhat dot com> (or mcepl on IRC). ChangeLog of the script is also available.
Even if you won't use additional buttons (and they are handy) it will automatically add a standard Bugzappers group signature to each comment you make in Bugzilla. This both shows that you are a member of the Bugzappers group so that reporters and maintainers understand why you are working on the bug, and promotes the work of the Bugzappers group.
Link widgets plugin
Link Widgets When browsing through bugs in a long query results, this add-on for Firefox makes Alt+[PgUp/PgDown] Firefox to jump to (following/previous) bug.
Making searches in Bugzilla without much effort
The Deskbar applet has a Fedora Bugzilla plugin, which allows you to open a specific bug number from the Deskbar search bar. To install:
- Run "yum install deskbar-applet" as root, if the RPM is not already installed.
- Right click on the GNOME panel.
- Select "Add to panel".
- Select "Deskbar" from the list.
- Right click on the Deskbar icon on the panel.
- Select "Preferences".
- Check the box to the left of the Fedora Bugzilla Module.
For a quick search method in Firefox see, KieranClancy's user page.
Let Thunderbird understand bugmail
For those who use Thunderbird (Evolution and KMail can be configured to do similar things without any plugins) there is an excellent Bugmail addon which makes life with bugmail much more easy.
Work with Bugzilla from a command line (or script)
- python-bugzilla is a python library for interacting with bugzilla instances over XML-RPC. This package provides the 'bugzilla' command-line tool for interacting with bugzilla.
A project has been started to create some useful metrics of the state of fedora bugs, or Fedora Metrics. This will allows us to identify areas that progress is being made, as well as where we need to direct our focus. At some point we also want to be able to start identifying and rewarding those that are making contributions.
In the meantime, progress is being tracked at BugZappers/components.