|Line 24:||Line 24:|
=== Further reading ===
=== Further reading ===
Revision as of 13:07, 1 January 2012
- How to create an RPM package - start here if you don't know how to create an RPM package
- Maximum RPM Book - most detailed, but slightly obsolete
- A short tutorial - for those of us with shorter attention spans, preferring less detail
- RPM Guide - an in-depth guide to RPM
- Building Packages Guide - Work through these examples, you'll learn a lot.
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package - A quick How-To about getting started with package building.
- Package Update Policy - Policy for when to push updates to packages and when not to.
Resources for Fedora Package Collection contributors
- SIGs - Fedora Special Interest Groups
- Fedora package components in bugzilla
- koji - Fedora Package Build System / Secure connection with Fedora User Cert
- Fedora Package Database
- bodhi - Fedora Package Update System
- RPM Repository Admin requests - Repository and CVS status pages for requesting manual copies and removals of packages
- Vacation Notice - Add a vacation note if you are going to be unavailable for a few days.
- Test Machines - Contributed servers for test, mock build, compile or debug packages before submitting to koji
- Fedorapeople_Repos - A place to host various personal repos
Important Mailing Lists
- firstname.lastname@example.org is a low traffic, announcements only, list, where important development information is posted.
- email@example.com is a high traffic mailing list, where discussions about the development of Fedora are held.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is a very high traffic mailing list, where notifications are given for all the commits in any package in the Fedora repository. Note that the Fedora package database sends commit mails for packages you (co-)maintain.
- email@example.com is the mailing list of the Fedora Packaging Committee, who determine the official packaging guidelines for Fedora projects.
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo)
Fedora technical management is organized by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo).
- FESCo Members | FESCo's current schedule | Summaries from the past FESCo meetings
- Ideas Container to collect long term ideas (feel free to add things here!)
This category currently contains no pages or media.