Update Pyramid (package
python-pyramid within Fedora) to latest major version.
- Name: Mattia Verga
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora Linux 38
- Last updated: 2023-01-09
- devel thread
- FESCo issue: #2924
- Tracker bug: #2159493
- Release notes tracker: #951
Pyramid 2.0 has been available since March 2021. We would like to update Fedora package (
python-pyramid) to this new major version (we're now still shipping 1.10.5).
Benefit to Fedora
Provide the latest available version of Pyramid framework instead of the outdated one we're shipping.
- Proposal owners:
Pyramid will be rebuilt to 2.0 in a side-tag together with dependent packages.
Affected packages are owned by nirik and abompard and usually co-maintained by infra-sig. I will contact them and offer me to rebuild/upgrade affected packages.
Note that rebuilding dependencies is not strictly necessary, but I'll do to ensure compatibility with Pyramid 2.0.
About bodhi-server, we've been always running tests against pypi packages, so I do not expect anything to be broken by the update.
- Other developers:
- Release engineering: #Releng issue number
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Objectives:
This change should not impact upgradeability.
How To Test
A COPR repository has been set up to rebuild all dependencies: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mattia/Pyramid2/
This will not impact end user experience.
- python-pyramid-mako <-- needs to be updated to the latest git snapshot
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
N/A (not a System Wide Change)