The Chaos Communication Congress is a large conference with more than 13,000 attendees in 2015. It covers all aspects of online and offline life and is a big gathering for makers, open-source projects, security researchers and hackers.
Location & Schedule
The congress takes place from 27 December (preparation day) till 30 December in the Leipziger Messe in Leipzig, Germany: https://events.ccc.de/2017/05/13/chaos-communication-congress-zieht-nach-leipzig It will be open non-stop with talks usually taking place from 11:00h till 02:00h (20:00h on the last day).
Fedora Project Attendees & Assembly Staff
|Name/Link to Userpage||Attendency Date||Hometown||Ticket ordered||Interested in Presenting/Holding a workshop||Need Sponsorship||Need Lodging||Possible exhibition items||Areas of expertise|
|Silvia Sanchez||27 December - 30 December||Stuttgart, Germany||X||X||(ARM), banner, others||Security, Games, Design/Arts, Programming, ...|
|Jona Azizaj||27 December - 30 December||Tirana, Albany||X||X||Fedorator||Community Building|
- List of hostels in Leipzig: 100 EUR (1 person, 5nights)
- Allocated Budget: 600 Euro
- Entry pass for the four days start at 100 Euro/person.
- Travelling within Germany: at most 99 Euro within Germany by train
|Entry, one four day pass||100 Euro|
|German train ticket||99 Euro|
|Accommodation in Leipzig||100 Euro|
Ideas for self-organized sessions:
- RPM packaging workshop
- Introduction to Fedora (jonatoni)
- Contribution opportunities (lailah)
- Programming with Fedora (jonatoni)
Assembly item ideas:
- Provide information about GPG keys and image verification: https://getfedora.org/keys/ and https://getfedora.org/verify
- Have a USB image burning device ready (Fedorator)
- Mention Fedora possibilities for embedded development, e.g. Arduino, toolchains, 3d printing
- Make a list with version numbers for cross-compilers?
- Show Security Lab: https://labs.fedoraproject.org/security
- Show Design Suite & Astronomy Labs: https://labs.fedoraproject.org/en_GB/astronomy and https://labs.fedoraproject.org/en_GB/design-suite
- Participants engaged in a conversation/interaction - Goal: 2000
- People attending our talks/workshops - Goal:
- New Fedora contributors gained - Goal: 2
- Social media impressions - Goal: 2000