The Cinnamon desktop version 2.6 is now available as a Spin for Fedora 23. Cinnamon is a modern desktop environment based on the GNOME Shell, with advanced features and a traditional and flexible user experience.
Updates and improvements in this release include:
- Improved multi-monitor support
- HTML5 and XScreenSaver support for animated screensavers
- Panel management improvements
- New inhibit applet to hide notifications and temporarily suspend power saving events
- Redesigned system settings panel for improved usability
- Accessibility improvements, including better support for ATK/Orca, magnifiers, and and a new On-Screen Keyboard applet
Originally started as part of the One Laptop per child initiative, Sugar is a desktop environment targeted for children ages 5 - 12 to provide learning and educational activities through rich media. Sugar is the core component of a worldwide effort to provide every child with the opportunity for a quality education.
This update to sugar 0.106 includes the following:
- improved performance
- updated activities
- New social help for access to discussion forums and collaborative learning
See the SugarLabs release notes for more information on this sugar release.
GNOME / Workstation
Fedora 23 will feature the latest available version of Gnome - 3.18. More information on Gnome 3.18 can be found here: https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointSeventeen/ReleaseNotes