|(38 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)|
== autojump ==
'''autojump''' is a command line tool for moving around between different parts of the filesystem more easily than cd. Fedora 16 now includes version 15 of '''autojump'''. The project's wiki may be found at [https://github.com/joelthelion/autojump/wiki https://github.com/joelthelion/autojump/wiki].
== autokey ==
'''autokey''' is a desktop automation utility for Linux, that allows the automation of virtually any task by responding to typed abbreviations and hot keys. It offers a full-featured GUI that makes it highly accessible for novices, as well as a scripting interface offering the full flexibility and power of the Python language.
One use case is for auto "text expansion" or assigning "hot strings", that help reduce typing the same phrase again and again.
The tool has been also featured on lifehacker (a productivity blog) a couple of times :
The projects homepage is at : http://code.google.com/p/autokey/
== calcurse ==
'''calcurse''' is a text based calendaring and scheduling application. Version 2.9.0 includes new features:
* Usage of short form dates such as "29/5/10" instead of "29/05/2010", "23" for the 23rd of the currently selected month and year or "3/1" for Mar 01 (or Jan 03, depending on the date format) of the currently selected year.
* "backword-kill-word" line editing function.
* Automatically drop empty notes after editing.
* Documentation and man pages now are in AsciiDoc format which is easier to maintain and can be translated to several formats such as HTML, PDF, PostScript, EPUB, DocBook and much more.
* Manual and man pages contain updated links to our new website and mailing lists, as well as instructions on how to use Transifex.
For more details, refer to [http://calcurse.org/ http://calcurse.org/].
== cuneiform ==
'''cuneiform''' is an open source OCR system and is new to Fedora 16. Complete details may be found at [https://launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux https://launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux].
== ease ==
Also new to Fedora 16 is '''ease'''. '''ease''' is a simple, GNOME-based presentation system For more information refer to [http://www.ease-project.org/ http://www.ease-project.org/].
== oo2gd ==
'''oo2gd''' is an add on to LibreOffice that allows export of office documents to Google Docs. The project's website maybe found at [http://code.google.com/p/ooo2gd/ http://code.google.com/p/ooo2gd/].
== pal ==
'''pal''' is a command line calendar program, similar to '''gcal''' but with a number of additional features. Additional details are at [http://palcal.sourceforge.net/ http://palcal.sourceforge.net/].
== routino ==
Another new to Fedora 16 package is '''routino'''. '''routing''' provides routing on OpenStreetMap data. Additional information, including an online demonstration, may be found at [http://www.routino.org/ http://www.routino.org/].