Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) is a volunteer-based community effort from the Fedora project to create a repository of high-quality add-on packages that complement the Fedora-based Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and its compatible spinoffs such as CentOS or Scientific Linux.
EPEL for Contributors
Joining EPEL is as simple as being part of Fedora (e.g. be a part of the packager group in the account system) and having a love for Enterprise Linux. There is a template that can be used for maintaining EPEL packages as part of a job. More details in the FAQ entry on contributing.
- EPEL SIG - EPEL Special Interest Group
- EPEL Steering Committee - leads the EPEL SIG
- Schedule - tasks the EPEL SIG and its Steering Committee are working on
- Meetings - the EPEL SIG meets every other week on IRC; come and join us!
- Guidelines and Policies - specific to EPEL
- List of Fedora Contributors not participating - not all of them participate in EPEL