FAD Brisbane 2011 is actually an overflow event from LCA 2011 which happens 24-29 January. We're expecting a good number of APAC Fedora Ambassadors in town for LCA 2011,
When & Where
- Date: 30 Jan 2011
- Time: 10am - 2:45pm (0000 UTC - 0445 UTC)
- Venue: NQ1-6 Level One (green room), Brisbane Square Library (original venue The Edge is unavailable due to damage of flooding).
- Capacity: 6-8 person.
- Facilities: AV equipment (plasma screen for television & computer, data point for laptop NO internet connection provided to non library member, read below for more info, AV input points)
- Food and drinks consumption: Allowed.
- Please read the guidelines File:New Meeting Room Booking Form July 2010.doc in the application form.
This list is rough, and unfinished. Anyone working in fedora and/or red hat are invited to place their names on the 'offical' list below.
|#||FAS Name &
|1||Heherson Pagcaliwagan||Yes||Yes||Approved||in town for LCA2011|
|2||Caius Chance||Yes||Open Day||No, sadly not on time.||Ordering cake (and may be catering food). :)|
|3||Steven||Yes||Open Day||Local||Fresh graduated who wants to know more about Fedora for his software development projects|
|4||Johnny||Yes||No||Local||Small business owner who wants to know more about Fedora for his business operations|
|5||Jethro Carr||yes||Yes||none||wellington, new zealand|
Proposed Schedule (need love)
|1000||FAD Start||Kaio||30 mins||Opening, self intro, internet + IRC set up|
|1030||Talk 1||azneita||30 mins||Fedora Project in the Philippines|
|1100||Talk 2||presenter 2||30 mins|
|1200||Lunch + Cake Time||Attendants||60 mins||Share experience of LCA 2011 and Fedora Ambassadors|
|1300||FAD x APAC meeting||Attendants & IRC||60 mins||Discussions on #fedora-fad about FAm APAC|
|1400||Free time||Attendants||30 mins||Taking photos, spreading Fedora swags and other items for future FAm uses|
|1430||Pack up||Attendants||15 mins||Make sure all the belongings are not forgotten|
|1445||FAD Finish||Security Guards||Immediate||Anyone who is not standing beyond will be kicked by guards. XD|
- Talk #1
- This talk will primarily be a narrative of how Fedora Project in the Philippines came to be what it is today and what we've been doing these past years and would be doing in the future.
- Talk #2
- Please put your talks here.
Agenda (outdated, need love)
- Fedora APAC 2011 Planning
- APACK Box
- Meeting IRC practices.
- Meeting will be "broadcast" live over Fedora talk. and also notes will be made in #fedora-meeting. More information below.
- Building up local contributors
- Talks by ambassadors / Red Hat People
- Ambassadors Meeting: We will be connected on IRC channel #fedora-ambassadors @ Freenode during the FAD time. Feel free to drop in and bring up topics for discussion.
- Twitter: Kaio will twitpicting every now and then on his twitter.
- Photos and Videos: The photos and videos will be uploaded to the internet and listed on this page.
- Everyone who attended are encourage to blog this event!
- Fedora Cake - A 10 inch customized photo medium size marble (black and white chocolate) mud cake from Michel's Patisserie (pick up at Myer Centre 50M away from venue).
- Fedora Drinks - Blue Powerade mountain blast favor sports drink.
- Fedora Food - Kadoya Japanese Takeaway (Student Food, Plan A) [Pizza Capers (Geek Food, Plan B)
- Fedora Cake = AUD$51.40
- Fedora Drink = less than AUD$3 per bottle
- Paper plates & forks = less than AUD$10
- Geek/Student Food = AUD$12-15 per person
- Need updates on schedule!
- Need registration of talks.
- The new venue is booked.
- The cake is ordered.
- The drinks will be purchased from local supermarket on that day.
- The meal is planned.