The FAmSCo budget rolls up into the larger Community Architecture budget.
Every expense against the FAmSCo budget must have a receipt, and it is the responsibility of the person who pays the bill to collect the receipt and submit it. No receipt means no reimbursement. This is non-negotiable, sorry!
Paying for things yourself
In order to make use of the FAmSCo budget, your expense must generally take one of the following forms:
- It is paid for by you, and you are able to be reimbursed via PayPal.
- It is paid for by you, and you are able to be reimbursed via cash.
We are using trac's ticketing system to track FAmSCo reimbursement requests. It has the "private ticket plugin" enabled, so that only the ticket creator and FAmSCo members may see the tickets.
Your ticket should include as attachments any receipts, documentation, or other information that is needed. Feel free to encrypt anything you like with Max's gpg key.
Having Red Hat pay for you
Additionally, you can avoid being a middle-man by having certain other people pay the bills directly. This is recommended, whenever possible!
- Max, Karsten, Greg, or Jack can pay with their Red Hat credit card, and their expense reports will go to the Community Architecture budget.
- In India, Sankarshan is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the Community Architecture budget.
- In APJ, Harish is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the Community Architecture budget.
- Starting in February 2009 in LATAM, Rodrigo is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the proper Red Hat budget (either LATAM Marketing or Community Architecture).
- In EMEA, the expense can be paid for directly by Fedora EMEA e.V. with the budget that they are given by Community Architecture. This will eventually allow for bank transfers or direct payment with a debit card for expenses in Europe.
FY09 Q4 (December 2008 - February 2009) Budget
In Q4, we have the following sources of budget available:
- Fedora 10 marketing -- $15,000 USD
- Global events & swag -- $16,000 USD
- Fedora in India -- $9,000 USD
- TOTAL: $40,000 USD
Currently, it is allocated as such:
- $7,000 USD -- for breakdown see Ambassadors/NA/Budget
- $1,500 USD -- approximate cost of stickers that will mostly be used in NA.
- $3,000 USD
- Fedora-fr -- $5,000 USD
- Fedora EMEA e.V. -- $5,000 USD
APAC: $3,000 USD
India: $9,000 USD
Max's safety net: $6,500 USD
- $2,500 of this is already tentatively spoken for.