FESCo meeting process
FESCo meeting process
This guide explains how to manage and run a FESCo IRC meeting. Many of the steps here could well apply to other groups that hold regular IRC meetings as well.
1 "business day" before the meeting is scheduled, do the following tasks: (So, Friday if meetings are Monday, etc)
1. First check the trac ticket items that have the 'meeting' keyword:
2. You may want to ping the Feature Wrangler to ask if there are any new features to discuss.
3. Generate an email to the email@example.com list with the following template:
Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (YYYY-MM-DD)
(Replace "Wednesday's" with the day of week for the meeting)
Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo meeting Wednesday at 18:00UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net. To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTCHowto or run: date -d 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM UTC' Links to all tickets below can be found at: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9 = Followups = #topic #NNN Title of ticket .fesco NNN https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/NNN = New business = #topic #NNN Title of ticket .fesco NNN https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/NNN = Open Floor = For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The report of the agenda items can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9 If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Replace NNN with the ticket numbers and add in Title of tickets.
Schedule for Monday's FESCo Meeting (2012-01-23) Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo meeting Monday at 18:00UTC (1:00pm EST, 19:00 CET) in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net. Links to all tickets below can be found at: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9 = Followups = #topic sponsor request - sdake .fesco 724 https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/724 = New business = #topic F17 Feature: DIET - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F17_DIET .fesco 751 https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/751 #topic F17 Feature: Rework Live CD - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/ReworkLiveCD .fesco 752 https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/752 #topic F17 Feature: ABRT Backtrace Deduplication - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ABRTBacktraceDeduplication .fesco 754 https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/754 #topic F17 Feature: Font Configuration Tool - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FontConfigurationTool .fesco 755 https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/755 #topic F17 Feature: English Typing Booster - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/english-typing-booster .fesco 756 https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/756 = Open Floor = For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The report of the agenda items can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9 If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Day of meeting
1. Send out a reminder IRC message a bit before the meeting to the #fedora-devel IRC channel.
2. Generate a text file from the following template:
#startmeeting FESCO (YYYY-MM-DD) #meetingname fesco #chair abadger1999 jwb mitr mmaslano notting nirik pjones t8m sgallagh #topic init process #topic #NNN TICKET TITLE ... #topic Next week's chair #topic Open Floor #endmeeting
You can copy and paste in lines from this file as the meeting progresses.
3. Start an email replying to the agenda post. Rename the subject to: Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (YYYY-MM-DD)
4. Also, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Use the lines up to 'init process' to start the meeting.
2. Wait a few for people to show up. Confirm there are at least (5) voting members present for Quorum. If not, cancel meeting.
3. Go through each topic. Watch time on each and if 15minutes are reached, ask if people want to keep discussing that topic or move on.
1. When #endmeeting runs it displays links for the logs. Use the .txt and then .log.txt files in your email created above. Send out right after meeting. (If you wait, it's very easy to forget). (Make sure and CC: email@example.com too)
The subject should be:
Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (YYYY-MM-DD)
2. Process through tickets comment/close them as appropriate.