FESCo meeting process
This guide explains how to manage and run a FESCo IRC meeting. Many of the steps here could well apply to other groups that hold regular IRC meetings as well.
On Thursday (or at least Friday!) before the Monday meeting, do the following tasks:
1. First, check for any open issues:
2. For each issue:
- Make sure to check with and invite stakeholders who may not be CC'd in the issue. Consider deferring issue if stakeholders have not had adequate notice and are not available for discussion.
- When an issue should be discussed in the meeting, click on 'Edit Metadata' and add the 'meeting' tag. Please note that only members of fesco group on pagure can add the 'meeting' tag.
- When an issue is older than a week and was already voted upon by enough FESCo members, close it appropriately and remember it for the digest section in the meeting announcement
3. Also check for tickets that were closed after last meeting with an in-ticket vote to mention them in the respective section
4. You may want to ping the Change Wrangler to ask if there are any new Changes to discuss
5. Go through the report of 'meeting' issues, and add them to a copy of the template below.
6. Generate an email to the email@example.com list with the following template:
Schedule for Monday's FESCo Meeting (2018-07-16)
Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo meeting Monday at 15:00UTC in #fedora-meeting-1 on irc.freenode.net. To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTCHowto or run: date -d '2018-07-16 15:00 UTC' Links to all issues to be discussed can be found at: https://pagure.io/fesco/report/meeting_agenda = Discussed and Voted in the Ticket = Title of issue https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/### DECISION (+X, Y, -Z) = Followups = #topic #NNN Title of issue .fesco NNN https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/NNN = New business = #topic #NNN Title of issue .fesco NNN https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/NNN = Open Floor = For more complete details, please visit each individual issue. The report of the agenda items can be found at https://pagure.io/fesco/report/meeting_agenda If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new issue at https://pagure.io/fesco, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Replace NNN with the issue numbers and add in Title of issues.
Schedule for Friday's FESCo Meeting (2014-10-01) Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo meeting Friday at 15:00UTC in #fedora-meeting-1 on irc.freenode.net. To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTCHowto or run: date -d '2014-10-01 15:00 UTC' Links to all issues below can be found at: https://pagure.io/fesco/report/meeting_agenda = Followups = #topic sponsor request - sdake .fesco 724 https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/724 #topic Working Group Status Reports .fesco 1221 https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1221 = New business = #topic F17 Feature: DIET - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F17_DIET .fesco 751 https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/751 #topic F17 Feature: Rework Live CD - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/ReworkLiveCD .fesco 752 https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/752 #topic F17 Feature: ABRT Backtrace Deduplication - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ABRTBacktraceDeduplication .fesco 754 https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/754 #topic F17 Feature: Font Configuration Tool - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FontConfigurationTool .fesco 755 https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/755 #topic F17 Feature: English Typing Booster - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/english-typing-booster .fesco 756 https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/756 = Open Floor = For more complete details, please visit each individual issue. The report of the agenda items can be found at https://pagure.io/fesco/report/meeting_agenda If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new issue at https://pagure.io/fesco/, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Day of meeting
1. Send out a reminder IRC message a bit before the meeting to the #fedora-devel IRC channel.
2. Generate a text file from the following template:
#startmeeting FESCO (2018-07-16) #meetingname fesco #chair nirik, maxamillion, jsmith, jwb, zbyszek, tyll, sgallagh, contyk, bowlofeggs #topic init process #topic #NNNN TICKET TITLE .fesco NNNN https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/NNNN #agree DECISION (+X, Y, -Z) ... #topic Next week's chair #action NAME will chair next meeting #topic Open Floor #endmeeting
Note that mmaslano and stickster are FESCo liaisons for the Environment and Stacks and Workstation WGs, respectively, and not voting FESCo members.
You can copy and paste in lines from this file as the meeting progresses.
3. Start an email replying to the agenda post. Change the subject to: Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2018-07-20)>
1. Use the lines up to 'init process' to start the meeting.
2. Wait a few for people to show up. Confirm there are at least (5) voting members present for Quorum. If not, cancel meeting.
3. Go through each topic. Watch time on each and if 15 minutes are reached, one of the following actions may be taken:
- If there is a vote to continue, then discussion continues for an additional 15 minutes.
- If there is no vote to continue the discussion after the initial 15 minutes, ask those members who are discussing the issue to clearly write up their thoughts and position on a wiki page for consideration at the next meeting. Each view point can list their thoughts as a separate proposal, or work off-line with others, to come up with a single proposal acceptable to them all. The wiki page is used in the next meeting to guide discussions and voting.
1. When #endmeeting runs it displays links for the logs. Use the .txt and then .log.txt files to send an e-mail as a reply to the meeting schedule e-mail. The subject should be:
Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2018-07-20)
Send the e-mail right after the meeting to not forget it.
2. Process through tickets comment/close them as appropriate.