This page is for recording logistics like temporary lodging info, things to bring, and so forth. Return to FUDCon Toronto 2009
From Mel Chua:
- Bus company: http://www.travelpackusa.com/
- Cost for 15 people: $525 per day (though I need to find out whether we're required to keep them to drive around Toronto; waiting for reply.)
- We don't have to keep a bus to drive around; whether we want one would depend on (1) whether it's required that we keep the bus the whole time, and pay for the time used, and (2) if not, the added cost for doing so. --stickster 19:17, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Bus company: http://www.sunshineboston.com/buscharter.html
- Cost for 15 people: $4300 (this is a 42-seater bus, which is all they have - but it does mean we can fit a lot more people in.)
- I'm hoping we can find something < $4K, but let's see how things go over the next few days. --stickster 19:17, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Bus leaves on Friday morning, December 4
- Potential route:
- Pickup in Boston
- Pickup in Westford
- Onward to Toronto
- Bus may not be available throughout weekend depending on incremental cost.
- Bus returns on Tuesday morning, December 8
From Chris Tyler: it's worth asking for a bus with AC power at the seats -- makes laptop users happier.
From Paul Frields: If we pack ~20 people on the bus, we do better than breaking even.
People riding the bus
|Máirín Duffy||Westford or Boston would work for me|
|Jesse Keating||Westford or Boston|
|Tom "spot" Callaway||Westford or Boston|
|Christopher Aillon||Boston||tentative, SJC->BOS ~$250, SJC->YYZ ~$450|
Seneca@York - 70 The Pond Rd, Toronto, Ontario
Saturday/Sunday - SEQ building
- 160-seat stepped theater
- 128-seat stepped theater
- Two large glassed-in rooms (roughly 60-seat capacity depending on layout)
- Four additional classrooms with flexible layout, 35+ seats each
Each room has at least:
- video projector with 15-pin sub-D (VGA) input
- dual-boot podium PC
Stepped classrooms also have document cameras.
Monday - TEL Building
- VR room - flexible config, 30-60 people (Barco floor-to-ceiling HD video projector)
- 12-seat conference room (no projector, can get a portable one)
- 8-seat conference room (projector with VGA input)
- 6-seat meeting room (no projector)
- Upper-K, 60+ seat glassed-in room (projector with VGA input, dual-boot podium computer)
- Large classroom with round tables and chairs (projector with VGA input)
Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) Toronto/Vaughan - $105/night double occupancy, free King suite for hospitality (e.g., Hack Room)
- Located at Hwy 7 & Interchange Way - 10 minutes by car or Viva rapid transit.
- Internet access: wired and wireless, password-free.
- 3 years old.
- Food options nearby, restaurant in hotel, room service available.
- Free parking (including the bus).
- Pool, fitness room.
- Seneca@York buildings are 8-10 minutes from hotel by Viva (2 stops). Rates are $3.25 cash or $26/10 tickets.
- Parking at York is abundant but expensive ($14/day). Parking at hotel is free, so attendees should consider the Viva option.
Here's a map of all the nearby facilities.