|Line 87:||Line 87:|
* '''1''': cover
* '''6–7''': ,
* '''12''': cover)
Revision as of 05:33, 4 January 2011
This is the rough draft / work-in-progress for a welcome packet for FUDCon:Tempe_2011. Once this information is complete we should pass it off to Design to make it into something a bit more readable and printable.
Microblogging, whether on the popular Twitter or Identi.ca networks, or even another network is one of the best ways to promote the event, as well as receive timely updates from event organizers and attendees. Event attendees should use the hashtag #fudcon, which can be monitored from your favorite Microblogging client in Fedora or using Twitter or Identi.ca.
For Identi.ca, there is also a group which can be used to communicate with everyone.
General Schedule / Agenda
Meeting Room A in the Courtyard Marriott is being provided as a shared room for group hacking, available 24 hours a day throughout the event.
An annual tradition. Please join us in the ASU Memorial Union recreation center, Sparky's Den, on Saturday night from 6:00 to 10:30pm. We'll have food, drinks, and, of course, plenty of recreational activities -- including board games, pool, bowling, and video games. And don't forget to catch Jared giving the The Highly Esteemed Fedora Project Leader's World-Famous State of Fedora Address!
Bring your IDs - all ages are welcome, but we will be carding for alcoholic beverages. (Legal age in Arizona is 21.)
Please check the map for the ASU Memorial Union location. Sparky's Den is located on the lower level.
There is a map with various locations important and unimportant to FUDcon here.
- Dunkin Donuts. 425 S Mill Ave. (480) 921-4067
- Starbucks. 420 S Mill Ave, Ste. 104, Tempe, AZ 85281 (480) 966-7228
- Stans Metro Deli. Traditional Jewish deli with Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner options. 414 S Mill Ave, 115, Tempe, AZ 85281 480-446-STAN (7826) http://www.stansmetrodeli.com/
Food You Crave
- In-N-Out Burger. 920 E. Playa Del Nort. Tempe, AZ. 1-800-786-1000. 10:30am-1:00am, 1:30am Friday and Saturday. http://www.in-n-out.com
- Krispy Kreme. 2747 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ. 5:30am - 10:00pm. You'll need a ride. http://www.krispykremeaz.com
- Z-Tejas 20 West 6th Street - Sunday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday 11am-11pm http://www.ztejas.com/
- PF Changs 740 S Mill Ave. #140 - Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm Friday and Saturday 11am-12am http://www.pfchangs.com/index.aspx
- La Bocca Urban Pizzaria + Wine Bar 699 S. Mill Ave. #115 (In front of Brickyard Engineering Building) - Monday-Wednesday 11am-10pm, Thursday 11am-11pm, Saturday 5pm-12am, Sunday 5pm-10pm http://www.laboccapizzeria.com/
- Chili's Bar and Grill 801 S Mill Ave - Monday-Thursday: 10:30am-11pm Friday-Saturday 10:30am - 12:00am Sunday 11:00am - 11:00pm http://www.chilis.com/
- Fry's Electronics 2300 West Baseline Road,Tempe, AZ. (602)445-5100 http://www.frys.com
- RedSeven 1855 E. Guadalupe Road,Tempe, AZ. (480)775-6620 http://www.redsevenlinux.com
Other Local Entertainment
Current files: http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-tempe-booklet/
- 1: (Front cover)
- 2: Welcome to Tempe
- 3: unknown
- 4–5: Area map
- 6–7: Good things to know (FUDPub, hack suite, microblogging, games, what's a BarCamp, sponsors)
- 8–9: General schedule
- 10–11: Local vendors
- 12: (Back cover)