This is the rough draft / work-in-progress for a welcome packet for FUDCon:Tempe_2011. Once this information is complete we should pass it off to Design to make it into something a bit more readable and printable.
- 1 Errata
- 2 Welcome Letter
- 3 Microblogging
- 4 General Schedule / Agenda
- 5 Hack Suite
- 6 FUDPub
- 7 Map
- 8 Area Vendors
- 9 Page layout
- The hospitality suite is now located in Meeting Room B at the Courtyard Tempe hotel (packet p. 6).
- The FPL State of Fedora speech happens at the Saturday opening session, rather than at the social event (packet p. 6).
- The auditorium location for the Saturday 9:00am opening plenary session is now CDN 60. This location has been added to the event map (packet pp. 4-5, 7, 8).
- The FUDPub event on Saturday night at Sparky's Den ends at 10:30pm (packet p. 6).
Microblogging, whether on the popular Twitter or Identi.ca networks, or even another network is one of the best ways to promote the event, as well as receive timely updates from event organizers and attendees. Event attendees should use the hashtag #fudcon, which can be monitored from your favorite Microblogging client in Fedora or using Twitter or Identi.ca.
For Identi.ca, there is also a group which can be used to communicate with everyone.
General Schedule / Agenda
Meeting Room B in the Courtyard Marriott is being provided as a shared room for group hacking, available 24 hours a day throughout the event.
An annual tradition. Please join us in the ASU Memorial Union recreation center, Sparky's Den, on Saturday night from 6:00 to 10:30pm. We'll have food, drinks, and, of course, plenty of recreational activities -- including board games, pool, bowling, and video games.
Bring your IDs - all ages are welcome, but we will be carding for alcoholic beverages. (Legal age in Arizona is 21.)
Please check the map for the ASU Memorial Union location. Sparky's Den is located on the lower level.
There is a map with various locations important and unimportant to FUDcon here.
- Dunkin Donuts. 425 S Mill Ave. (480) 921-4067
- Starbucks. 420 S Mill Ave, Ste. 104, Tempe, AZ 85281 (480) 966-7228
- Stans Metro Deli. Traditional Jewish deli with Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner options. 414 S Mill Ave, 115, Tempe, AZ 85281 480-446-STAN (7826) http://www.stansmetrodeli.com/
- IHOP. 225 E. Apache Blvd. Open 24 hours. http://www.ihop.com
Food You Crave
- In-N-Out Burger. 920 E. Playa Del Nort. Tempe, AZ. 1-800-786-1000. 10:30am-1:00am, 1:30am Friday and Saturday. http://www.in-n-out.com
- Krispy Kreme. 2747 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ. 5:30am - 10:00pm. You'll need a ride. http://www.krispykremeaz.com
- Z-Tejas 20 West 6th Street - Sunday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday and Saturday 11am-11pm http://www.ztejas.com/
- PF Changs 740 S Mill Ave. #140 - Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm Friday and Saturday 11am-12am http://www.pfchangs.com/index.aspx
- La Bocca Urban Pizzaria + Wine Bar 699 S. Mill Ave. #115 (In front of Brickyard Engineering Building) - Monday-Wednesday 11am-10pm, Thursday 11am-11pm, Saturday 5pm-12am, Sunday 5pm-10pm http://www.laboccapizzeria.com/
- Chili's Bar and Grill 801 S Mill Ave - Monday-Thursday: 10:30am-11pm Friday-Saturday 10:30am - 12:00am Sunday 11:00am - 11:00pm http://www.chilis.com/
- Caffe Boa Bistro and Wine Bar 398 S. Mill Ave. - Monday - Wednesday 11am-10pm Thursday-Friday 11am-11pm - Saturday and Sunday 10am-3pm Brunch, 4pm-10pm Dinner - Wine bar open later - http://www.cafeboa.com
- House of Tricks Fine Dining 114 E 7th St - Monday - Saturday, Lunch 11am-4pm, Dinner 4pm-10pm, Bar open until midnight. Closed Sundays - http://www.houseoftricks.com
- Casey Moore's Oyster House 850 South Ash Avenue - Monday-Sunday, 11am-2am - http://www.caseymoores.com
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries 680 S. Mill Avenue - Daily, 11am-10pm - http://www.fiveguys.com
- Gordon Biersch Brewery 420 S. Mill Ave. - Sunday-Wednesday, 11am-11pm; Thursday, 11am-12am; Friday-Saturday, 11am-1am - http://www.gordonbiersch.com
- Macayo's Depot Cantina 300 S. Ash Ave. - http://www.macayo.com
- RA Sushi 411 S. Mill Ave. - Daily, 11am-11pm; Bar till 1am - http://www.rasushi.com
- Fatburger 414 S. Mill Ave. - Sunday-Wednesday, 10:30am-8pm; Thursday 10:30am-12:00am; Friday and Saturday, 10:30am-2:00am - http://www.fatburger.com
- Jimmy John's 680 S. Mill Ave., 681 E. Apache Blvd. - Sunday-Thursday, 10:30am-3am; Friday and Saturday, 10:30am-4:00am - http://www.jimmyjohns.com
- Jack in the Box 721 S. Mill Ave. - Open 24 hours - http://www.jackinthebox.com
- Slices Pizza 11 E. 6th St. - Sunday-Wednesday, 11am-10pm; Thursday-Saturday, 11am-3am - http://www.slicespizzajoint.com
- MedFresh Turkish Grill 414 S. Mill Ave. - Sunday-Thursday, 11am-10pm; Friday-Saturday, 11am-11pm - http://www.medfreshgrill.com
- Domino's Pizza 930 W Broadway Rd, Tempe, AZ 85282 - 480-894-6600 - Sunday-Thursday, 10am-12am; Friday-Saturday, 10am-2am - http://www.dominos.com
- Boston's Gourmet Pizza 400 West University Dr - 480-517-1500 - Need hours, UGH - http://www.bostons.com
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches 680 S. Mill Ave. - 480-449-3100 - Sunday-Thursday, 10:30am-3am; Friday-Saturday, 10:30am-4am - http://www.jimmyjohns.com
- Pizza Hut 808 W. Broadway Dr. - 480-829-7988 - Sunday-Thursday, 10:30am-10:45pm; Friday-Saturday, 10:30am-11:45pm - http://www.pizzahut.com
- Chase Bank 20 E. University Dr. - http://www.chase.com
- Bank of America 699 S. Mill Ave. - http://www.bofa.com
- M&I Bank 526 S. Mill Ave. - http://mibank.com
- Comerica Bank 425 S. Mill Ave. - http://www.comerica.com
- US Post Office 500 S. Mill Ave - Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm - http://www.usps.com
- FedEx Office Print and Ship Center 933 E. University Dr. - Monday-Friday,7am-11pm; Saturday-Sunday, 9am-9pm - http://www.fedex.com
- UPS 933 East University Dr. (Palo Verde East) - Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm; Saturday, 10am-2pm - http://www.ups.com
- CVS Pharmacy 820 S. Mill Ave. - Open 24 hours- Pharmacy Monday-Friday, 8am-10pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 10am-6pm - http://www.cvs.com
- Brand X Custom Shirts 414 S. Mill Ave. - Monday-Saturday, 11am-9pm - http://www.brandxstore.com
- Tempe Police Department 140 E. 5th St. - Non-Emergencies: 480-350-8311 - FOR EMERGENCIES CALL 911
- Tempe St. Luke's Hospital 1500 S. Mill Ave - 480-784-5500
- Discount Cab 602-200-2000
- Fry's Electronics 2300 West Baseline Road,Tempe, AZ. (602)445-5100 http://www.frys.com
- RedSeven 1855 E. Guadalupe Road,Tempe, AZ. (480)775-6620 http://www.redsevenlinux.com
Other Local Entertainment
- Big Bang Dueling Pianos 501 S. Mill Ave. - Tuesday-Thursday 8 p.m.-2 a.m. / Friday & Saturday 6 p.m.-2 a.m. - 21 and over - http://thebigbangbar.com
- Mill Cue Club 607 S. Mill Ave. - 21 and over - http://www.millcueclub.com
- Valley Art Theatre 509 S. Mill Ave. - Movies show daily, typically limited release / artsy stuff - http://www.harkinstheatres.com/theatreDetails.aspx?theatreId=7619
- ASU Museums, Galleries, and Collections - Various locations on campus - http://museums.asu.edu/
- 1: (Front cover)
- 2: Welcome to Tempe
- 3: unknown
- should probably list a table of contents
- 4–5: Area map
- 6–7: Good things to know (FUDPub, hack suite, microblogging, games, what's a BarCamp, sponsors)
- 8–9: General schedule
- 10–11: Local vendors
- 12: (Back cover)