Fedora 13 Boost 1.41 Uplift
That feature brings the version 1.41.0 of Boost to Fedora 13, together with Boost.MPI. As a side effect, Boost will be built with CMake (instead of BJam).
- Name: Denis Arnaud
- Email: email@example.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 33
- Last updated: 2010-01-13
- Percentage of completion: 60%
Boost ships with an ad-hoc build system named BJam. However, BJam is not very convenient to track compilation warnings and errors, and is not friendly and flexible in the support of specific build options. Fortunately, a team of developers has worked for over a year on a more standard way to build Boost, thanks to the CMake tool, namely Boost-CMake.
That new way to build Boost allows (at least) two enhancements, when compared to the current build system:
- Deliver some more libraries, such as Boost.MPI
- Keep more easily synchronized with the latest Boost versions (Fedora 13 should ship with Boost 1.41.0).
Technical details are available in a Bugzilla-filed enhancement request.
Benefit to Fedora
How To Test
- Boost 1.40.0 Release Notes
- Boost 1.41.0 Release Notes