These are the Talking Points for the Fedora 25 release. For information on how these talking points were chosen, see Talking Points SOP. They are intended to help Ambassadors quickly present an overview of highlighted features when talking about the release, and to help drive content for the release, etc.
The talking points are based in part on the Change Set for this release.
Overall Release Story
Fedora-Wide Changes and Improvements
- Docker updated to version 1.12
- Support for weaker certificate authorities (i.e. 1024-bit) has been removed
- Node.js updated to version 6.x
- SELinux Troubleshooter module
- Displays host SSH keys in the system dashboard
- Includes support for network teaming, Docker volume and storage management as well as the creation of systemd timer units
- Supports multi-step (incl. 2FA) authentication
- Wayland improvements (might be Wayland by Default, TBD)
- Improved Flatpak support in the Software tool
- Early preview of OStree based Workstation