Fedora Ambassadors Project Header image
To add a header to a page please use the Ambassadors template from Template:Header
Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee
|Itamar Ruis Peixoto||(F27)|
For previous FAMSco members, see MembersHistory page.
Mission and Goals
To provide the governance and support structure necessary to assist and enable Fedora Ambassadors worldwide.
- Manage the grow the Fedora Ambassadors project through mentoring.
- Enable local regional leaders as much as possible. Push resources and accountability to the edges of the project.
- In accordance with the process for sponsoring event attendees, ensure that event reports are written, and that people who receive funding are held accountable.
- Establish metrics for determining the value of different events and initiatives, and allocate resources accordingly.
- Manage a global events & swag budget.
- Resolve any disputes that arise within Fedora Ambassadors.
- Acknowledge that the Ambassadors mailing list is one of the largest concentrations of non-native English speakers within Fedora, and make policy as clear and simple as possible.
We've got the resources, you've got the ideas -- so tell us what to spend that money and effort on! FAmSCo is all about helping the Ambassadors make their projects happen. FAmSCo has the money and bandwidth, and we will be happy to give them to worthy initiatives.
If you have an idea and need funding, please follow the reimbursement guidelines to request money for your initiative.
- For an overview of the general FAmSCo activities, refer please to the Agenda page
- Responsibilities: Forecasting and requesting the budget from Red Hat; wisely approving the spending of the available budget; dealing with the legal/accounting side of things.
- Reimbursement guidelines and detailed information: ["Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Reimbursement"]
- Accounting snapshots: ["Accounting"]
- Membership Service
- RodrigoPadula, FrancescoUgolini, FabianAffolter
- Responsibilities: Guiding new contributor to become Fedora Contributors/Ambassadors by answering any questions they have.
- Event Production
- ... (pending)
- Responsibilities: Determining amount of monetary and other material support Ambassadors receive for their initiatives, such as, but not limited to Events, LUG meetings, install fests, and other public-facing activities.
- Media Fulfillment
- Responsibilities: Tracking and fulfillment of Media Requests from Ambassadors.
FAmSCo meets every second Monday to discuss business at hand. Extraodinary meetings can be called as necessary by the Chair or by FAmSCo simple majority vote.
- FAMSco Meeting Minutes .
- Only FAmSCo members can add/remove items to the agenda. To put items on FAmSCo agenda, please email email@example.com