This page is for defining the SOP for Fedora FreeMedia Program. This will cover the infrastructural things as well as procedural things.
Location of Resources
- The web form is at https://fedoraproject.org/freemedia/FreeMedia-form.html
- The TRAC is at https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/report
Location on Puppet
- Freemedia form: configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-form.html
- Backup form: configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-form.html.orig
- Closed form:configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-close.html
- Backend processing script: configs/web/applications/process.php
- Error Document : configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-error.html
Opening of the form
The form will be opened on the First day of each month.
Closing of the Form
The form will be closed after a couple of days. This may vary according to the capacity.
- The form is available at puppet/configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-form.html and puppet/configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-form.html.orig
- The closed form is at puppet/configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-close.html
- To Open
$cd configs/web/applications/; cp FreeMedia-form.html.orig FreeMedia-form.html ;git commit -a -m 'opening freemedia form for month `date +%B`' ;git push
- After opening the form, go to trac and grant "Ticket Create" privilege to "Anonymous".
- To close
$cd configs/web/applications/; cp FreeMedia-close.html Freemedia-form.html ; git commit -a -m 'closing freemedia form for month `date +%B`';git push
- After closing the form, go to trac and remove "Ticket Create" privilege from "Anonymous".
Handling of tickets
- Contributors are requested to visit https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/report
- Please login with your FAS account.
Rejecting Invalid Tickets
- If a ticket is invalid, don't accept the request. Go to "resolve as:" and select "invalid" and then press "Submit Changes".
- A ticket is Invalid if
- No Valid email-id is provided.
- The region does not match the country.
- No Proper Address is given.
- If a ticket is duplicate, don't accept the request. Go to "resolve as:" and select "duplicate" and then press "Submit Changes".
Accepting Valid Tickets
- If you wish to fulfill a request, please ensure it from the above section, it is not liable to be discarded.
- Now "Accept" the ticket from the "Action" field at the bottom, and press the "Submit Changes" button.
- These accepted tickets will be available from https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/report user both "My Tickets" and "Accepted Tickets for XX" (XX= your region e.g APAC)
- When You ship the request, please go to the ticket again, go to "resolve as:" from the "Action" field and select "Fixed" and then press "Submit Changes".
Handling of non fulfilled requests
We shall close all the pending requests by the end of the Month.
How to handle membership applications
Steps to become member of Free-media Group. 1.- Create an account in Fedora Account System (FAS) 2.- Create an user page in Fedora Wiki with contact data. Like User:<nick-name> 3.- Apply to Free-Media Group in FAS 4.- Apply to Free-Media mailing list susbcription
As you need to have and account for steps 2 and 3, this is not included in the decision rules below
|Case||Applied to Free-Media Group||User Page Created||Applied to Free-Media List||Action|
|1||Yes||Yes||Yes||Approve Group and mailing list applications|
|2||Yes||Yes||No||Put on hold + Write to susbcribe to list|
|3||Yes||No||whatever||Put on hold + Write to make User Page|
- The time to be on hold is one week. If not action is taken after one week, the application has to be rejected.
- When writing asking to fulfil steps, send CC to other Free-media sponsors to let them know the application has been reviewed.