m (→How to Report a Problem: Fixed link)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 08:36, 5 January 2012
 Report a problem
 Check First
Before reporting a problem, please make sure that you aren't experiencing an issue on the CommonProblems page. Also its a good idea to check with others to see if they too are having problems.
 Where to Report
There are a few places where problems can be reported. The two that are preferred are in our Tickets page or at irc.frenode.net in #fedora-admin. If something needs immediate attention please use #fedora-admin. For longer requests or non-immediate issues please use a ticket.
 How to Report a Problem
If you believe you've discovered an outage, please see our standard operating proceedures for an Outage (which includes both admin and user actions). Whenever reporting a problem please follow these guidelines:
- Don't be general.
- "The wiki is acting slow"
- (./) "Whenever I try to save http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure, I get a proxy error after 60 seconds"
- Don't report an outage that's already been reported, check tickets or IRC first.
- "/join #fedora-admin; Is the build system broken?"
- (./) "/join #fedora-admin; wait a minute or two; I noticed I can't submit builds, here's the error I get:"
- Don't suggest drastic or needless changes (send it to the list)
- "Why don't you just use lighttpd?"
- (./) "You could try limiting MaxRequestsPerChild in Apache"
- Don't get off topic or be too chatty
- "Transformers was awesome, but yeah, I think you guys know what to do next"
- (./) ""
- Do research the technologies we're using and answer questions that may come up.
- "Can't you just fix it?"
- (./) "Hey guys, I think this is what you're looking for: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html#addencoding"
- Do look at our code and submit patches if you are so inclined.
- "The accounts system really shouldn't traceback."
- (./) "Here's a patch to make the accounts system not traceback"