So, you decided you want to join the Design Team. That's great! To get started, please follow the steps below.
How to Join
While filing bug reports and providing feedback is extremely valuable, we also need help with our active projects. If you would like to contribute, please complete the following steps:
- Join the mailing list .
- Send an introduction to the mailing list, talking about your art/design experience and interests so we'll know what kinds of design tasks you might be interested in helping out with.
- Sign up in the Fedora Account System . You will need an account when signing up for tasks for the Design Service in step 4.
- Complete the CLA through the Account System . This will ensure that the contributions you make on the next step are properly licensed!
- Complete a small design task such as one at the design service queue or email the design-team mailing list to be assigned a task.
- Once you've completed an initial draft of your design task, submit it to the design-team list for feedback. Once the task has been completed and approved, proceed to the steps below.
Once you've completed the steps above, follow this next set of steps to join the Fedora design group in the account system:
- Request membership into the 'designteam' group in the Fedora Account System on the design team mailing list.
- Add yourself to the Contributors list .
After you have completed these steps, you can begin contributing to a project as a full member of the design team. Most submissions are posted to the wiki or through CVS. Questions may be asked and suggestions offered by submitting them to the IRC or list server.
You can also visit #fedora-design or #fedora-websites on freenode to ask for help.
Fedora Design Team Communication Channels
The place to discuss issues related to the Fedora Design Team is the  mailing list. You can follow this list using gmane: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork .
You can chat live with other members of the Artwork team in the #fedora-art or #fedora-design channel on freenode .
Community Hangout Sites
The following RSS feeds are relevant to the Design Team:
- All list messages, excerpted texts: http://rss.gmane.org/messages/excerpts/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Topics from the list, excerpted texts: http://rss.gmane.org/topics/excerpts/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- All list messages, full texts: http://rss.gmane.org/messages/complete/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Topics from the list, full texts: http://rss.gmane.org/topics/complete/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
Here are some of the art-related resources for the general Fedora Community:
- Fedora Logo - Information about the Fedora logo, including usage guidelines and how to get the source artwork.
- MarketingCollateral - This page features banners, posters, etc. - artwork for practical physical application.
- PromoBanners - Promo Banners and their sources, used for the fedoraproject.org banner system. Please feel free to use these in order to promote Fedora on your own site or blog.
- Widgets - All websites and user interfaces are full of widgets, such as buttons, banners and captions. Submit your Fedora-specific widgets here.
- Theming Overview - Documentation on how to theme the way Fedora looks.
- Bluecurve Icon Theme - the Bluecurve icon theme has historically been Fedora's icon theme, and the artwork is GPL and the SVG source artwork is available for it, making it a great graphics resource.
- Echo Icon Theme - A new icon theme aiming to replace Bluecurve for Fedora.
- MediaArt - Fedora CD/DVD Media Artwork
- SoC Posters - Google summer of code posters
- T-Shirt Design - T-Shirt graphics created for general use, various events and do-yourself printing.
- Media Gallery - Raw materials created by the art team for use in Fedora collateral. Photos, illustrations, and more.