|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Mission ==
== Mission ==
Revision as of 22:15, 1 February 2015
The LXQt SIG (Special Interest Group) is a group of Fedora contributors that contribute towards LXQt in Fedora. Their mission is to define a high-quality LXQt experience to Fedora users and developers in maintaining packages, documentation, infrastructure and helping each other in all LXQt related efforts.
Fedora LXQt Spin
Raphael Groner initiated the effort to create a Fedora LXQt spin (A installable Live CD) for Fedora and above releases. It is now maintained collectively by the LXQt SIG. The idea was forked from the LXDE_SIG.
Joining the SIG
Joining the LXQt SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora and having a love for LXQt. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG by adding your name above and communicating with the rest of the team in the usual Fedora channels .
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us with providing a good and qualitative excellent release of LXQt in Fedora here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the LXQt-related reviews. Help us reviewing so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: If you love LXQt use the development version or the updates-testing repository and report bugs, bugs, bugs, request enhancements or features. We need your feedback to improve LXDE.
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with LXQt related bugs.
- Documentation writers: Make sure that documentation of LXQt is high quality and complete in Fedora.
- Release Notes: Help with writing the release notes
- Wiki: Maintain http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LXQt and keep it updated with end user information.
- Artists: To provide a matching theme for nodoka-theme (or other??) and also other LXQt related artwork
We have informal chats about LXQt development in #fedora-kde IRC channel in freenode under the blessing of KDE team. Refer to Communicate page for more information.