- 1 LXDE Spin
- 2 Past Releases
The Fedora LXDE spin is meant to be a lightweight but yet complete desktop based on LXDE, the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment.
- Name: Christoph Wickert
- email: <email@example.com>
LXDE is a modern but lightweight desktop including a panel, desktop icons and a file manager together with a collection of lightweight applications for every day needs. For more information about LXDE please visit the LXDE wiki page and the LXDE Feature page .
Benefit to Fedora
Current Fedora installs need a lot of disk space and resources. This is an attempt to make Fedora suitable for older and smaller machines like Netbooks or the XO.
ISO Name / FS Label
- ISO name: Fedora-$release-$arch-Live-LXDE
- FS-Label: Fedora-$release-$arch-LXDE
- none, everything is in Fedora already
Scope / Testing
Lighter, faster, less resource hungry.
LXDE, the "Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment", is an extremely fast, performing and energy saving desktop environment. It is maintained by an international community of developers and comes with a beautiful interface, multi-language support, standard keyboard short cuts and additional features like tabbed file browsing.
LXDE is not designed to be powerful and bloated, but to be usable and slim and keep the resource usage low. It is especially designed for computers with low hardware specifications like netbooks, mobile devices (e.g. MIDs) or older computers.
The Fedora LXDE spin is meant to be a lightweight but yet complete desktop based on LXDE, the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment. LXDE is a modern but lightweight desktop including a panel, desktop icons and a file manager together with a collection of lightweight applications for every day needs.
- LXDE-list: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lxde-list
- Fedora-list: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- LXDE in the Fedora wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LXDE
- LXDE wiki: http://wiki.lxde.org
- Fedora in the LXDE wiki: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Fedora
Already done by Mo.
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:LXDE Spin