Fedora Events: OpenExpo 2008 - Zurich, Switzerland
OpenExpo, the Swiss fair and conference on FOSS, offers direct contact to the people behind the free projects and precise answers and firsthand-experiences. With a series of current lectures by long-standing national and international OSS experts and a chosen table-fair the OpenExpo offers competence within the topsoft fair for business software semiannual: every spring in Berne and during autumn in Zurich. A social event around the openness in the ICT featuring the presentations of several contributions, videos and cultures and music of different organizations is taking place at the evening after the first day starting with the OpenExpo 2008 in Winterthur.
When and Where
- Wednesday, September 24th and Thursday, September 25th, 2008
- Winterthur (20 min by train from Zurich, even less from Zurich's Airport), Switzerland -> Map
- MaxSpevack -- giving the Community Architecture talk, meetings with Jan Wildeboer & Andrea Schneider
- JoergSimon (only Day1 - help build up the booth)
- I'll be there for my employer, Noser Engineering AG to present Android (we're one of the initial Open Handset Alliance members).
- I probably can't help at the Fedora booth (the exact work schedule is not yet out), but I'll join you guys for the social event.
- I'll probably also sleep in the same accommodation as you do, but my employer will pay for that.
This things are free of charge.
- one small tables
- 3-4 chairs
- WLAN-Internet-Access and electricity
- one poster and space for this poster (Size A1 (594 × 841 mm))
- no extra lights (spots)
There is no more or special equipment needed for the booth.
- We will have just a table and space for some posters.
- Demo machines with Gnome and maybe KDE 4
- XO (from Gerold or Joerg)
- Live CDs (Who is bringing these? Should Max bring from his stash?)
- Posters A1 (reuse of the old posters)
- T-Shirts (Max will bring some)
- Laptop Sticker (we have around 40 pieces from LinuxTag 2008)
- normal sticker
- small Fedora Flyers
- A guy from the Swiss Ubuntu Team organized a place to sleep for 50 people. It will be very simple (in german: Pfadfinderheim) but this way it would be more fun and help to save money ;-)
- Places to sleep: 48 (4 room)
- Living room: 2 big and 1 small
- Costs: ~6 EUR per night/person
- Kitchen: yes
- Barbecue place: yes, behind the house
- There are four beds booked for Fedora Project. (Timea, Andreas, red, Fabian)
- Max is staying here -- http://www.hessengueetli.ch/eng/lage/index.html
- 2008-04-05 Fedora is registered
- no report