OpenStack consists of a number services for running IaaS clouds. This includes Object Store (Swift), Compute (Nova) and Image (Glance) services, among others.
- Fedora 16 includes OpenStack Diablo
- Fedora 17 includes OpenStack Essex
- Fedora 18 includes OpenStack Folsom
- Fedora 19 includes OpenStack Grizzly
- Fedora 20 includes OpenStack Havana.
- Fedora 21 includes OpenStack Icehouse.
- Fedora 22 includes OpenStack Juno.
- Fedora 23 will include OpenStack Kilo, packages to test on F21/22 are available via RDO https://rdoproject.org/Quickstart
OpenStack has a preview repository, allowing Fedora N-1 users to try out OpenStack packages from the latest Fedora release etc. This is similar to the Virtualization Preview Repository.
Preview packages, may be installed from the side repository using yum after downloading the appropriate .repo file to /etc/yum.repos.d
Fedora OpenStack test days are very useful both to test new packages and as a quick way to get up to speed on the various OpenStack components.
You can query all Fedora OpenStack packages and drill down there to builds, bugs, source, etc.
Download offical Fedora 19 cloud images from http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/.
Also users can build their own cloud images using Oz.
OpenStack Official Documentation
OpenStack in EPEL
The OpenStack Folsom was retired from EPEL 6. Please visit RDO project for running OpenStack on EL platforms.