OpenStack consists of a number services for running IaaS clouds. This includes Object Store (Swift), Compute (Nova) and Image (Glance) services, among others.
Historically, Fedora and OpenStack releases have been matching 1:1:
- Fedora 16 includes OpenStack Diablo
- Fedora 17 includes OpenStack Essex
- Fedora 18 includes OpenStack Folsom
- Fedora 19 includes OpenStack Grizzly
- Fedora 20 includes OpenStack Havana.
- Fedora 21 includes OpenStack Icehouse.
- Fedora 22 includes OpenStack Juno.
- Fedora 23 includes OpenStack Kilo.
Starting with OpenStack Liberty, this mapping was not possible to maintain anymore due to schedule skew and too many changes in dependencies upstream. Hence OpenStack package maintainers team is now keeping only the latest OpenStack development release available for Fedora in RDO Trunk repositories from https://rdoproject.org/
For running OpenStack in production, RDO team recommends EL based packages, see https://rdoproject.org/ for details.
OpenStack Official Documentation
OpenStack in EPEL
The OpenStack Folsom was retired from EPEL 6. Please visit RDO project for running OpenStack on EL platforms.