Package maintainers wishlist
Refer to the list or unmaintained and orphaned packages . This would be a good place to bring back into Fedora repositories packages where the original maintainer has moved on.
Packaging Survey May 2009
General Fedora Packages WishList
As a current contributor, if you know of projects that would be appropriate in Fedora package collection but are unable to maintain yourself just drop them with a line here. This list can be used to give other contributors ideas on what to package next. Please be aware however that the number of high quality, well maintained packages that Fedora repository provides scales with the number of active contributors. It is just as important to encourage new contributors as it is to desire new packages. If you are not yet a contributor to the Fedora packaging process, please look over this list and see if there are any projects you would be willing to maintain for the Fedora community.
If are interested in contributing to Fedora package collection, take a look at PackageMaintainers
- aarddict - Offline wikipedia and dictionary viewer
- Antsp2p - Client for the MUTE peer-to-peer anonymous network
- ACE - An OO network programming toolkit in C++ (Review Request, dropped for licensing issues)
- Adobe CMap and AGLFN data - Adobe reference ID tables. If we don't use them many documents (PDFs…) won't display correctly (see this announce and this lwn.net article
- NOTE: this is already included in poppler-data-0.3.0 (in F-12)
- Alchemy - chaos generation tool, good for artists and sketchers - good creativity aid
- Alfresco Enterprise content management system
- alien - Alien is a program that converts between the rpm, dpkg, stampede slp, and slackware tgz file formats Review Request
- Apertium Toolbox to build shallow-transfer machine translation systems(contact #apertium channel in freenode network).
- APF (Advanced Policy Firewall) - iptables(netfilter) based firewall system
- Apache Directory Studio - An LDAP Directory Browser/Editor built on Eclipse RCP
- ascii Command line tool for information on ASCII. (Review Request)
- Asterisk GUI GUI for managing Asterisk servers.
- awesome Highly configurable, next generation framework window manager for X.
- Axiom - general purpose system for symbolic calculations.
- Blogbridge - Blog and rss reader (in Java)
bltk - Battery Life Tool Kit is a set of scripts and programs to monitor and log power consumption of Linux laptops/notebooks under different workloads (HuzaifaSidhpurwala is working on it)
- Bongo - Bongo is an easy-to-use mail and calendar system. Fork of Hula. (Review Request (Dropped))
BrOffice.org - BrOffice.org is the official brazilian release of OpenOffice.orgBrOffice Spin
Calibre - Calibre is a one stop solution to all your e-book needs. it is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
- CampCaster A free open-source automation system for radio stations. It provides a web and GUI based interface for the queuing of music into an automated schedule.
- CcHost - Creative Commons CMS that powers ccMixter
- chesnut-dialer A feature-rich Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) dialer written in Python (Dropped
- cmotech-tools Tools for using C-motech hardware with Linux (wireless broadband)
- colorgcc A tool to colorize the terminal output of GCC so error messages can be found within longer compiler outputs.
- Crafty Crafty is a free, open-source computer chess program, generally more powerful than GNUchess.
- CSpace - Secure, decentralized Peer-to-Peer instant messaging (Review request (dropped) )
- clonezilla - opensource clone system
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi driver - the driver for popular series of sound cards by Creative. It was recently released under GPLv2 licence, needs to go to Rawhide first.This driver will be included in the linux kernel in a while, probably in 2.6.31 []
- Denim - UI sketching tool. BSD license. Created by the University of Washington.
- Déjà Dup - A GNOME backup UI using duplicity as the backend
- Ditaa - Convert Ansii Art to PNG-Giagrams; Java; commandline
- dimdim - open source web meeting product with features like Application, Desktop and Presentation sharing with A/V streaming and chat
- djbdns - a simple and security-aware DNS implementation created by Daniel J. Bernstein due to his frustrations with repeated BIND security holes. Review request
- dpkg - The dpkg package manager, as used by Debian, Fink and others Review Request
- DVB Deamon - is a daemon written in Vala to setup your DVB devices, record and watch TV shows and browse EPG. It can be controlled by any application via its D-Bus interface.
- e17-svn - Enlightenment window manager DR17 from the new svn repository
- Ecomorph - OpenGL compositing manager that runs all the compiz plugins
- Executequery - Execute Query is an operating system independent database utility written entirely in Java.
electric sheep - Best open source evolving screensaver in existence.Cannot include in Fedora, has built in MPEG decoder
Entertainer Is a clutter based media center (working on it)in f12
- Enthought framework - python framework for building scientific data visualization applications
- Evergreen ILS - open source Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Flyback - GUI for archiving similar to Apple's Time Machine.
- fntsample - A program for making font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts.
- fondu - A set of programs to interconvert between mac font formats and pfb, ttf, otf and bdf files on unix.
- font manager - A simple GNOME application to manage fonts
- Free-CAD - 3D CAD modeler
- Freemat - Open source engineering and data processing application. Can be used as a free alternative to Matlab. GPL
- FreeMind - Free mind-mapping software. JPackage SRPM available: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7118&package_id=161830&release_id=574721 .
jcalendar only required dependency we don't yet havejcalendar now available on Fedora.
- gcvs - Graphical frontend to cvs (Last release 2003 -- though other clones WinCVS & MacCVS where released more recently)
- GEONExT - dynamic mathematics software for teaching and learning mathematics. Written in Java, licensed under GPLv2. Source code can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GeoGebra - free and multi-platform dynamic mathematics software for schools that joins geometry, algebra and calculus. Program released under GPL, documentation under some CC non commercial license so we can't ship the documentation.
- g15tools - linux support to the g15 keyboard
- GForge - GForge is a software for collaborative development for the software community (Dropped
- GimpShop - GimpShop is a fork of gimp for more compatibility with a commercial image editing program.
Giver - File sharing program (, uses gnome-sharp) ((Review Request)in f12
- gksu & gksudo Sudo (superuser do) allows a system administrator to give certain users (or groups of users) the ability to run some (or all) commands as root or another user while logging the commands and arguments. Review Request (libgksu) & Review Request (gksu & gksudo)
- glParchis -- Parcheesi
- Gnu Linux Semantics Storage System - A storage solution that distances you from thinking about Where you store your data to What your data is.
- Gnu Regression, Econometrics and Time-series Library - A library and application for running regressions and econometrics on time series data.
- GNOME Media Applet . Media applet is an application to easily manage disks and devices on your system.
- Gnome Menu Extended . Show KDE menu in GNOME. Complimentary to kmenu-gnome. (Review Request)
- GNS3 - GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows you to design complex network topologies and to launch simulations on them. (Review request)
- GNU Bayonne 1 and 2 - Telephony servers
- GPRS Easy Connect - GUI for GPRS connecting and supports 704 phones and 269 providers (2008-07-28 The project is closed).
- gozer - gozer is a commandline text rendering utility for creating images from arbitrary text in antialiased truetype fonts using optional fontstyles, wordwrapping and layout control.
- gwaterfall - This program facilitates comparison of various font and font rendering parameters.
 gPXE - x86 Option ROM creator with great features.in F12
Gnusound - audio editor.(Includes MP3 encode/decode -> can't be included in Fedora)
- guppy is an application to download videos from the Topfield TF5000PVRt.
- Gwyddion Free SPM (AFM, SNOM/NSOM, STM, MFM, …) data analysis software
- GPT fdisk - GPT fdisk or gdisk is a fdisk style GUID Partition Table editor. It includes features like non-destructive conversion of MBR (or msdos) and BSD disklabels to GPT, has many GPT recovery options and the ability to set any arbitary Partition type GUID for a Partition. Source RPM and Precompiled RPM Packages are available in the following Sourceforge.net link - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/
- Goldendict A dictionary lookup program. that supports multiple dictionary file formats, like stardict and dictd formats and supports mediawiki lookup too.
- Habari - Next Generation Blogging Platform.
- hardware4linux.info is Debian's official hardware profiler. Functional .rpm packages for Fedora already exist (.src and binary), but this should be better integrated with smolt (please see Fedora bug #433105)
- http_replicator a smart caching proxy ideal for use with apt/yum
- Hyperic HQ - an advanced system and application management platform
- Hyperic SIGAR - System Information Gatherer And Reporter
- icon - Icon programming language srpm here
- iec16022 - Generate ISO/IEC 16022 2D barcodes (srpm here)
- iFolder - requires simias (Review Request )
- Imule - Anonymous version of Emule, through the I2p protocol. sources and binaries here
- indefero - Indefero Software Forge - Beautiful simplicity in bug tracking and code review.
- Indico - A Python-based event organizer web application (GPL).
- InstallJammer - InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer designed to be completely cross-platform
ipplan - ipplan is a web-based application for managing IP address allocations (Review request)in F12
- IP sets - programs and kernel modules used to set up, maintain and inspect so called IP sets in the Linux kernel. Useful in advanced firewall setup. (libipt_set.so is already included in current iptables package, but a kernel mod is needed. Needs to be upstreamed first).
- iTalc - Interactive Tool for teachers, OpenSource classroom-management, GPL
- iTask-NG - A taskbar and app-launcher dock based on engage, which makes use of composite, but can also be used without.
- itools - A python library that includes several useful tools, such as an ODF anonymizer that can be used to sanitize confidential documents before attaching them tp bug reports
- ike - a free IPsec VPN Client for FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Jahshaka - is an powerful opensource video editing and creating tool
- jailkit - chroot jail utilities (Review Request)
- JBoss.org - The Red Hat sponsored, community project, middleware solution
- Jing - Jing is James Clarks' RELAX-NG XML schema validator. Example RPMs at authors site, works with gcj.
- jMemorize - Java application that manages flashcards by the famous Leitner system
- JOSM - the Java Open Street Map Editor. Review Request.
- JPEG2PDF - Creates a PDF out of a directory of JPEG/JPG-images. Very fast and stable; should be easy to package.(The homepage is dead, anyone knows whether the project is still alive?)
- kbfx - kbfx is an alternative to the classical K-Menu button and it's menu. (The page is dead)
- KDevelop4 - Major rewrite based on Qt4/KDE4 with a powerful language architecture. Under heavy development and currently in Beta phase, recommended for C++ or PHP development with CMake or custom Makefiles as their build system. Recommended for Linux (all other OS might work, but are not tested yet).
- KForge - For managing software and knowledge projects.
- KLogic - KLogic is an application for building and simulating digital circuits easily
Knowledge Tree - Community edition: a PHP based GPL V3 Content Managements System(No free access to source code, you need to register to access source code)
- Kommute - Linux client for the MUTE anonymous P2P network
- Komodo Edit - Free and Open source multi-language editor
- l7-filter - L7-filter is a classifier for Linux's Netfilter that identifies packets based on application layer data. (Review Request)
- KPrayertime - Islamic Prayer Times Applet
- lessfs - A high performance inline data deduplicating filesystem for Linux. (Review Request)
- Liaison - Liaison is a software tool combining some well known open source software tools like MoinMoin, Subversion and Bugzilla to help software developers to collaborate.
libmspack - A library for Microsoft compression formats.In F12, cabextract should link against it.
- libpam-poldi PAM module allowing authentication using a OpenPGP smartcard. This PAM module will allow you to login, screenlock and validate to services using your GnuPG smartcard. (sorry for cross-distro reference but i googled for so long without finding any other good source.)
- libSBML Programming library to read, write, manipulate, translate, and validate SBML files and data streams.
- liferay - An open source Java based portal application.
- Lingot - LINGOT is a musical instrument tuner. It's accurate, easy to use, and highly configurable. Originally conceived to tune electric guitars, its configurability gives it a more general character. Free software, with GPL.
- livebackup - LiveBackup is a framework to create live-cd's from installed Linux systems
lives - Video Editing System. It is designed to be simple to use, yet powerful (foreign f9 package exists on SourceForge)Cannot be included in Fedora due to dependency on ffmpeg.
- lprof - ICC Color Profiler. This will help the Fedora Design team produce for-print artwork.
- lldpd - 802.1ab (LLDP) implementation, .spec here
- Magento - Magento is a new professional open-source eCommerce solution offering unprecedented flexibility and control.
- MapGuide - web-based platform for developing and deployment web mapping applications and geospatial web services.
- mdp-toolkit - Modular toolkit for Data Processing (MDP) is a Python data processing framework.
- Mercurial Eclipse - hg Eclipse plugin
Mesk - A PyGtk+ audio playerCannot include in Fedora, has built in MPEG decoder
- mined Unicode text editor
- MintMenu - A modern python-coded menu applet that shares the same hotlinks to software as the Gnome main menu. Source code
- mixmaster Anonymous remailer client and server
- Mondo Rescue inclusion - Review Request
- MongoDB - high-performance, open source, schema-free document-oriented database.
- mtasc - ActionScript 2 compiler generating flash srpm here
- MoBlock - A Peerguardian compatible connection blocker
Monsoon - A MonoTorrent based GTK# BitTorrent clientin F12
- NagiosGrapher - Nagios Stats graphing.
- NAT-PT - Network Address Translation, Protocol Translation IPv4/IPv6 - allows IPv6-only networks to connect to IPv4-only networks (based on RFC 2766). Per this go6.net blog post, NAT-PT is dead.
- nautilussvn - Subversion commands integrated into the GNOME Nautilus file manager.
- ncbi - NCBI libraries and tools for biology applications srpm here
- netperf - A benchmark that can be used to measure the performance of many different types of networking.
- nss_updatedb - Maintains a local cache of network directory user and group information. (review request)
- noteedit - Free music score editor. NOTE: seems to be dead - last version in 2006. Also requires TSE3 which also has been dead for some years.
- OBM OBM is enterprise-class messaging and collaboration platform for workgroup or enterprises with many thousands users. OBM includes Groupware, messaging server, CRM, LDAP, Windows Domain, smartphone and PDA synchronization… Note: Uses stock services and ,hence, makes it less invasive. License:GPL
- OnTV - A TV scheduler using XMLTV backends
- OpenGroupware - Groupware software
OpenShot - An non linear easy-to-use video editor. Python based, pure GPL 3.-> Uses MLT framework. Package only at rpmfusion later.
- openlp.org - Display words for songs, for use in churches (Seems to require Delphi, can we even build this?)
- OpenOffice Presentation Minimizer - reduces the size of ooimpress documents, requires java
- OpenProj - A desktop replacement of Microsoft Project
- OpenStego - the free Steganography solution
- oprofileui - An excellent GTK GUI for the oprofile system profiler (review request)
- otcomp - OpenType layout compiler, needed to build some FLOSS fonts
- PAIDA - PAIDA is pure Python scientific analysis package
- Pastebinit - A tool to "pastebin" text on several paste websites. Really useful in chat (but not only chat) help. I strongly reccommend that all the distro would use this and configure it to use the bin of choice. fpaste in this case. Beside i think is useless to make different packages (which are just scripts really) for such a simple thing when there could be one customizable for every choice.
paint-mono - An unofficial effort to port Paint.NET 3.0 to Linux using Mono- Cannot be included since Paint is partly licensed under a non-commercial license
- PEAR HTML_Template_Flexy - An extremely powerful Tokenizer driven Template engine
- PEAR MDB2_Driver_mysqli - PEAR mysqli MDB2 driver
- PEAR Auth_HTTP - PEAR HTTP authentication (Review Request)
- Pencil - A UI design / sketching tool, Mozilla-based
- perl-CDDB_get - Read the CDDB entry for an audio CD in your drive srpm here
- perl-Qt4 - perl binding for Qt4 it's two perl modules QtGui and QtCore
- petit An interactive command-line log-file summarizer (red is working with upstream to make this packaging-friendlier and get it into Fedora)
- php-pecl-syck, php-pecl-syck php-pecl-syck
- pidgin-sipe - Pidgin plugin to provide SIP/SIMPLE protocol support for Microsoft Live Communications Server (LCS)/Office Communications Server (OCS) 2003/2005/2007 (Review Request)
- PKCS #11 engine , PKCS #11 library OpenSC addons
- pligg is a digg like CMS that uses PHP and MySQL.
- pluf - a php webapp framework
- pmtools Tools for examining kernel ACPI tables
PPTP-Config - PPTP - config program part of the pptp. Already has FC6 packages.This is depreciated the author recommends networkmanager use.
- prescript - Utility for extracting text from PostScript files srpm here
- Prettify Automake - pretty automake output
- PXE-Kexec - kexec boot from a PXE server
- Pyjamas - web tookit for python
- PyPE PyPE (Python Programmers' Editor) is an editor written in Python with the wxPython GUI toolkit. (Review Request)
- python-dap - Data Access Protocol (OPeNDAP) implementation in python srpm here
- PyTraffic - A free implementation of the Rush Hour puzzle.
- python-egenix-mxdatetime - date and time handling routines for Python
- QuickSoundFontManager - A gui for (a)sfxload / fluidsync to quick load several SF2 soundfonts in a EMU10k chip
- Rasmol - RasMol is a computer program written for molecular graphics visualization intended and used primarily for the depiction and exploration of biological macromolecule structures, such as those found in the Protein Data Bank.
- Rasterbator - The Rasterbator is a .Net(Mono) application which creates rasterized versions of images. The rasterized images can be printed and assembled into enormous (or smaller, if you prefer) posters.
- Rbot - Ruby IRC Bot framework.
- Remuco - a Remote control server, for mobile phones, similar to Bemused and Salling Clicker
- robofab - Python library with objects that deal with data usually associated with fonts and type design. Required to convert font sources from the proprietary FontLab VFB format to UFO (that Fontforge can read)
- ROOT - Popular high-energy physics data analysis framework (Review Request)
- rotoscope - a free software rotoscoping application. Dead
- rovclock - ATI Radeon over/underclocking utility (srpm here)
- rox-filer - Rox file manager srpm here
- rubyripper - A secure audiodisc ripper for Linux and OS X (New version release)
- RygelR - An implementation of the UPnP MediaServer V 2.0 specification that is specifically designed for GNOME (Mobile).
- Screenlets - Screenlets are small owner-drawn applications (written in Python) that can be described as "the virtual representation of things lying/standing around on your desk". Sticknotes, clocks, rulers, ... the possibilities are endless.
- Sectool - Sectool is a security tool that can be used both as a security audit as well as a part of an intrusion detection system.
- Songbird - Media Player/Browser (Depends pretty heavily on mp3, flash support, ogg support appears broken, other than that some media player and browser functionality exists) (Review Request)
- spacenav - The spacenav project provides a free, compatible alternative, to the proprietary 3Dconnexion device driver and SDK, for their 3D input devices
- speechd - Device-independent speech synthesis layer (perhaps useful for OLPC?)
- speedcontrol - Small utility to limit DVD drive speed, since most DVD readers sound like lawn mowers at full speed which ruins movie playing experience
- spindown - a daemon that can spindown idle disks and so saving energy and giving the disks a longer lifetime.
- SQuirreL SQL - Graphical Java program that will allow you to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, issue SQL commands
- stardict-fr-academy-1935 - 8th edition of the French Academy dictionnary, in stardict format (1935)
- Stet - is a free software package for gathering comments about a text document via a webpage
- strongSwan - ipsec implementation with major support of IKEv2
- Stylus Toolbox - A graphical frontend for managing the functions of Epson Ink Jet printers - including checking ink levels and print head cleaning/alignment.
- swfmill - xml2swf and swf2xml processor with import functionalities srpm here
- Sympa - Mailing list server
- synfig - Film quality 2D vector animation now under GPL (Review Request)
- system-config-control Central control panel for system-config-* tools.
- TeXworks is a very powerful TeX-editor. There are already packages at 
-  THDL input methods for Tibetan, Dzongkha, Lhadaki
- Tkabber - Free and Open Source client for the Jabber instant messaging system writen in Tcl/Tk. (Dropped
- Tipp10 - A 10 finger write trainer
- TortoiseHg - a GUI for Mercurial version control system. Review Request, sponsor needed
- TPTP - Eclipse Test & Performance Tools Platform
- Trang - Trang is James Clark's multi-format schema converter based on RELAX-NG. Example RPMs available at authors site and has been checked with gcj.
- toshutils (includes GUI) or toshset (CL only) - Allows users to control Toshiba hardware
TrueCrypt - Free open-source disk encryption software for Linux. Version 5 now includes a WxWidgets Gui and uses Fuse instead of kernel modules for the filesystem parts. Thus, inclusion to Fedora should be possible. Requires some fixing in Main/Main.make to build against Fedora's WxWidgets.Not 'free open-source', i.e. legal would block this. See spot's comments 1 2 on TrueCrypt's version 2.5 license. The issues mentioned with section VI.2 and VI.3 in spot's emails may have been fixed in version 2.7 of the license. The issue mentioned with section III.1.2 and III.2 does not seem to have been fixed at all. (available from RpmFusion)
Tucan - Is a free and open source application designed for automatic management of downloads and uploads at hosting sites like: rapidshare, megaupload, gigasize.com, mediafire, 4shared, sendspace.official Package
- TuxShop point of sale and retail management application.
TwoLame A MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2 encoder.Probably would be blocked based on Spot's comment 
- ufsutils Utilities to manage the UFS filesystem, mostly used in BSD or derived operating systems. This include FFS, UFS and UFS2.
- Unicode Character Database Unicode.org UNIDATA files are used by many packages (perl, gucharmap, etc) in private-copy mode. A common package would be cleaner technically and legally.
- Vagalume - A Last.fm client for Gnome and Maemo. Review Request (failed) (available from Livna)
- Vigor - XMMS plugin that acts like Clippy. Fun!
- Visual Python - a Python module that offers real-time 3D output, and is easily usable by novice programmers
- Wine-doors - an application designed to make installing windows software on Linux (Review Request (dropped))
- Webmin (web-front end to shorewall) - Review Request (dropped) (NB: Webmin had a rather doubtful security record in the past -- NilsPhilippsen)
- WideStudio an open source, Integrated Development Environment for desktop applications
- Wikidot an open source wiki server/wiki farm.
- xcalc - Simple X11 calculator srpm here
- xdm-xsessions - Xdm session related utilities srpm here
- XMIND - EPL/LGPL Licensed MindMap Software.
- xmlittre - Authoritative 19th century French dictionnary, in stardict format
- xProcess, for project management and process improvement.
- xtrabackup - Online backup tool for MySQL/InnoDB (srpm here)
- yum-grouppackagetype - A plugin for yum to specify which package types within a package group should be installed when using yum groupinstall (useful for web walkthroughs)
- zenoss - Open Source Monitoring Tool. Dead
- zpb-ttf - ZPB-TTF is a TrueType file parser that provides an interface for reading typographic metrics, glyph outlines, and other information.
Fedora Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) WishList
This list is now being maintained at OLPC/Packages_for_F11.
Fedora Font Packages WishList
The Fedora font wishlist is hosted there.
Fedora Perl Packages Wishlist
Edit at Perl Wishlist.
Catalyst::Model::Adaptor - Use a plain class as a Catalyst model @ RHBZ #742538
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP - HTTP Basic and Digest authentication for Catalyst @ RHBZ #742549
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBIC - Store your sessions via DBIx::Class @ RHBZ #742555
CatalystX::Profile - Profile your Catalyst application with Devel::NYTProf @ RHBZ #742557
CatalystX::REPL - Read::eval::print::loop for debugging your Catalyst application @ RHBZ #742559
CatalystX::SimpleLogin - Provide a simple Login controller which can be reused @ RHBZ #742560
Catalyst::ActionRole::ACL - User role::based authorization action class @ RHBZ #742542
HTML::FormHandler - HTML forms using Moose @ RHBZ #742543
MooseX::RelatedClassRoles - Apply roles to a class related to yours @ RHBZ #742545
CatalystX::InjectComponent - Inject components into your Catalyst application @ RHBZ #742552
Task::Moose -- Moose extensions thought of as "standard."
- Task::Kensho - "A Glimpse at an Enlightened Perl"
Task::Kensho::Exceptions RHBZ #822881
Task::Kensho::OOP RHBZ #822878
Task::Kensho::Testing RHBZ #689477
Task::Kensho::Toolchain RHBZ #689797
Task::Kensho::Logging RHBZ #844670
Task::Padre::Plugin::Deps @ RHBZ #500959- not needed at the moment, it might be rewritten in the future
Acme::PlayCode @ RHBZ #497800
Audio::Beep @ RHBZ #573802
Capture::Tiny @ RHBZ #497807
ExtUtils::InferConfig @ RHBZ #498193
ExtUtils::InstallPAR @ RHBZ #498191
PAR::Packer @ RHBZ #500958
Padre 0.21 not found. We have 0.32.
Syntax::Highlight::Engine::Kate @ RHBZ #497283
Syntax::Highlight::Perl6 @ RHBZ #495693not needed in this release
URI 1.37 not found. We have 1.37.
WebService::Validator::CSS::W3C @ RHBZ #498196
WebService::Validator::HTML::W3C @ RHBZ #498198
perl5i Perl5i @ RHBZ #998496+ dependancies:
autobox::Core @ RHBZ #730031
autobox::dump @ RHBZ #730033
autobox::List::Util @ RHBZ #730034
autovivification @ RHBZ #730037
Child @ RHBZ #730038
DateTime::Format::Epoch @ RHBZ #730043
DateTime::TimeZone::Tzfile @ RHBZ #751809
indirect @ RHBZ #730069
Modern::Perl @ RHBZ #722653
Object::ID @ RHBZ #998235
Perl6::Caller @ RHBZ #998434
Taint::Util @ RHBZ #998447
true @ RHBZ #998465<strike>
- Bricolage - Content Management System (CPAN: Bundle::Bricolage)
- Alzabo - Data modelling tool (CPAN: Alzabo)
- Encode::HanExtra - Extra encodings for Encode (for w3c-markup-validator) @ RHBZ #759758
- Encode::JIS2K - Extra encodings for Encode (for w3c-markup-validator) @ RHBZ #759760
- IMC - Idealx Management Console
- All dependencies should already be in Fedora.
- StevenPritchard has put some work into this already.
PlRPC - A bundle to install PlRPC-Server, Client and prerequisites.
NetPacket::SpanningTree - Assemble and disassemble IEEE 802.3 LLC protocol packets. @ RHBZ #573917
- Inline::Python - Place python code inline with perl, or use python classes/functions within perl
- App::Rad - Rapid (and easy!) creation of command line applications
- Net::Sharktools - Use Wireshark's packet dissection engine from Perl (draft specfile); doesn't work with Wireshark 1.6; works with Wireshark 1.4
Method::Signatures - To make subroutine calls easier to read RHBZ #832810
MCE - Many-core Engine for Perl providing parallel processing capabilities RHBZ #1162531
ZeroMQ - Perl wrapper of the 0MQ message passing library. @ RHBZ #747674
- cpan:Dist-Zilla-Plugins-CJM - Additional useful Dist::Zilla plugins
cpan:Data-Dump-Color - We already package Data::Dump, this is even better. RHBZ #1140223
- Bio::SCF dependency of already packaged perl-Bio-Graphics
Fedora Games Packages WishList
If you want to add games to the list do so on the Fedora Games SIG WishList .
Fedora Astronomy Packages WishList
If you want to add astronomy related packages to the list do so on the Fedora Astronomy SIG WishList .
Web Hosting Control Panels
Analysis of Free software web hosting control panels available for packaging in Fedora.
Edit at SIGs/SciTech/BioinformaticsWishList .
- Autodock Vina - Tool for drug discovery, molecular docking and virtual screening. There's a package under http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/loveshack/livhpc/
- COPASI - Simulation and analysis of biochemical networks and their dynamics, supports SBML standard for models
- Cytoscape - Platform for the analysis and visualization of complex networks, in particular molecular interaction networks and biological pathways
- GENtle - DNA restriction analysis and cloning tool similar to VectorNTI
- Integrative Genomics Viewer - java-based graphical genomics viewer (licensed under GPLv2)
- MIRA - Genome fragment assembler for sequencing projects classified as 'hard' due to high number of similar repeats.
- NCBI BLAST and other tools - The Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST) finds regions of local similarity between sequences.
- ncbi-blast+ packaged by jkaluza - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=999383
- NCBI C Toolkit - NCBI libraries and tools for biology applications srpm here
- NCBI C++ Toolkit - a new generation of NCBI libraries and tools for biology
- pyQPCR - qPCR analysis tool
- Staden - sequence handling and analysis software developed at the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
- Taverna - Tool for automation of experimental workflows.
- The WFDB Software Package - Software for viewing, analyzing, and creating recordings of physiologic signals
Formal Methods WishList
The paper "High Assurance (for Security or Safety) and Free-Libre / Open Source Software (FLOSS)... with Lots on Formal Methods" by David A. Wheeler lists lots of tools that can help develop "high assurance" software, particularly "formal methods" tools. A related site, Open Proofs, maintains a list of promising FLOSS formal methods tools and their packaging status. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Some of these tools include:
- Alloy (from MIT)
- BLAST, at http://mtc.epfl.ch/software-tools/blast/ (don't use the obsolete version at Berkeley)
- HOL 4
- HOL Lite
Additional CAS tools, like Axiom, Yacas, and SAGE would be helpful too.
A number have already been done, including Coq, Why / Caduceus / Krakatoa, tex-zfuzz, and minisat2.
See the Wheeler paper (above) and the Open Proofs site for project URLs, license info, what they do, etc.
Fedora KDE Packages WishList
How to add a package
If you're not already a Fedora maintainer, but interested in creating a package on this wish list, see PackageMaintainers/Join for the general process, and PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo for the nuts-and-bolts of how to create a package. Packaging/Guidelines describes the guidelines Fedora packages must follow.
The special interest groups may provide additional guidelines and help for processing the packages posted on their wishlist.