Creating a Test Day Live Image
The following steps outline how to create a Fedora live image based on current Rawhide packages for use during Test Days.
- Install required packages:
yum install livecd-tools git
- Download the kickstart script used by Fedora 29 by using the
F-29git branch: <pre<noinclude></noinclude>>git clone 'git://git.fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts.git' -b f29</pre<noinclude></noinclude>> or if you have done it in the past, just update it: <pre<noinclude></noinclude>>cd spin-kickstarts; git checkout f29; git pull; cd ..</pre<noinclude></noinclude>>
- OPTIONAL: Create your custom kickstart file my-test-day.ks, if you need some changes from the default configuration:
- redefine repos as you need (e.g. point it to local mirror with --baseurl, etc)
- repo --name=fedora --baseurl=file:/mnt/globalsync/fedora/linux/development/29/$basearch/os/
- repo --name=updates --baseurl=file:/mnt/globalsync/fedora/linux/updates/29/$basearch/
- provide list of packages to be added or removed - dependencies are handled
- put any shell commands here
- Create the live image:
livecd-creator -c spin-kickstarts/custom/qa-test-day.ks --cache /var/cache/live -f "testday-`date +%Y%m%d`"
(of course replace spin-kickstarts/custom/qa-test-day.ks with my-test-day.ks if you have created your custom kickstart file)
Anaconda dependencies broken
Sometimes the image can't be built because of broken package dependencies. You may solve the problem by removing
anaconda package. Anaconda requires a lot of dependencies and it may very often be the culprit. To remove anaconda you just put
-anaconda line in the
For building Test Days LiveCD you must have SELinux installed and enabled. Ideally it should be in the enforcing mode and everything should run fine. In case you have problems with that, you may switch the mode temporarily into permissive mode with this command run as root:
If that doesn't help, you may also modify your my-test-day.ks kickstart file and after
%include line add a directive
(Note: Due to RHBZ #547152 you may also need to add
Now the build should run fine.