(update with some commonly used chunks)
m (Update category links)
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
Revision as of 13:46, 21 June 2010
|<<FIXME>>||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on <<FIXME>>
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Developer1 (irc_nick1), Developer2 (irc_nick2)
- Quality Assurance - Tester1 (irc_nick3), Tester2 (irc_nick4), Tester3 (irc_nick5)
Prerequisite for Test Day
List any prerequisite needs for the test event. A fresh system, virtualized guest, a blank DVD ... a desire to break software?
- Usb key
- Usb externally connected HD IDE/SATA
- Empty HD IDE/SATA/SCSI
- Free space on HD
Here's a chunk which is commonly used for most Test Days:
- An updated Fedora 25 pre-release, Rawhide (tips on installing Rawhide below), or a nightly live image
- Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
How to test?
High level details on how a contributor can get involved. This can include (but not limited to):
- Areas to target with exploratory testing
- A list of pre-defined test cases to execute
- How to report back results
Here's another common chunk:
Update your machine
If you're running Fedora 25, make sure you have all the current updates for it installed, using the update manager. If you want to try Rawhide, see the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide. Or:
Provide a list of test areas or test cases that you'd like contributors to execute. For other examples, see Category:Test_Cases.
Construct a table or list to allow testers to post results. Each column should be a test case or configuration, and each row should consist of test results. Include a link where to report bugs. For example:
Please report all bugs into Bugzilla against the FIXME component.
|User||Smolt Profile||Sample test 1||Sample test 2||Sample test 3||Sample test 4||References|