This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Logger plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c yum install abrt-plugin-logger
/etc/abrt/abrt.confand be sure the Logger plugin is enabled in the CCpp and Python sections. For example:
... CCpp = Bugzilla, Logger Python = Bugzilla, Logger ...
- Restart ABRT with the command
su -c service abrt restart
- Confirm that the abrt and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Click on the panel applet to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then click on Report, select Logger plugin.
- At the report window, click Send
- After you click Send, a notification window should report: "Logger: Report was stored into: /var/log/abrt-logger"
- The crash information should in fact be added to that file