This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT "quota" option.
How to test
/etc/abrt/abrt.confand find this line: MaxCrashReportsSize = 1000, this means that the quota is set to 1000 MB.
- Set quota to a lower value (e.g. 1 MB: change the line to read MaxCrashReportsSize = 1)
- Restart the abrtd service with the command Template:Su -c 'systemctl restart abrtd.service'
- Run a complex GUI application such as Evolution
- Crash the application: for Evolution, run
pkill -SIGSEGV evolution
- Try this two or three times
- ABRT may save the first crash exceeding quota but with every other crash the older one should be gone and replaced by the new one
- If abrt-applet is running then it should notify user about both the crash and the exceeded quota