Install Fedora CoreOS and tune a kernel parameter under
/proc/sys as described in the documentation.
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image (pick the right image for your environment).
How to test
- Create an Ignition file. When writing the configuration, change a value under
/proc/sysby adding to
/etc/sysctl.d/. The example alters the SysRq bits, but feel free to tune another parameter.
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system using this Ignition file. See the Quickstart and the provisioning docs for a guide on how to launch FCOS in most environments (bare metal, virtual, cloud, etc).
- You can SSH successfully into your FCOS system.
- The parameter tuned via the ignition file can be seen under
- The tuned parameter(s) persist through reboots.
- The linked documentation makes sense, nothing is obviously missing, and the instructions are clear.