From Fedora Project Wiki
Install Fedora CoreOS and tune a kernel parameter under
/proc/sys as described in documentation.
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image (pick the right image for your environment).
How to test
- Create an Ignition file. When writing the configuration, tune a kernel parameter under
/proc/sysby adding to
/etc/sysctl.d/90-sysrq.conf. The documentation alters the bits for SysRq key but feel free to change another parameter.
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system using this Ignition file. See the Quickstart and the provisioning docs for a guide how to launch FCOS in most environments (bare metal, virtual, cloud, etc).
- You can SSH successfully into your FCOS system.
- The parameter(s) specified in the ignition file can be seen in
/proc/sysand the system behaviour is changed accordingly.
- The changes in
/proc/syspersist through reboots.
- The linked documentation makes sense, nothing is obviously missing, and the instructions are clear.