Documents application is focused on providing a simple and effective way to find, organize and view documents, spreadsheets and presentations stored locally or on various online services. Currently Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive are supported.
- Add Google and Windows Live accounts as described in Online Accounts test case.
- Install package
for viewing Microsoft formats.
- Have some documents, spreadsheets and presentations stored in Google Docs/Microsoft SkyDrive. Use also directories.
How to test
- Run application Documents.
- Use "Super menu" to change files view to grid or list and to go on fullscreen in viewer mode.
- One by one, open some documents, spreadsheets and presentations in viewer and browse directories.
- Search for files and directories. Try filtering by source, type and/or match.
- Try printing documents, spreadsheets and presentations from inside and outside of viewer mode.
- Select some files and/or directories by right click, open "Organize" dialogue and "Add" new collection.
- Select a file or directory and open properties.
- Select a file and open it in your web browser using "folder" icon.
- You should see all your documents, spreadsheets, presentations and directories stored locally in your $HOME/Documents directory, on Google Docs and/or Microsoft SkyDrive.
- Documents should show file types, sources and time of last edit in list view.
- All directories and files can be opened and should contain same data as in the web clients.
- Documents should find documents, spreadsheets, presentations and directories that you are expecting to find using keywords and filters.
- Printer dialogue should open and you can print to file or on printer.
- New collection should appear with selected files/directories inside.
- Properties should contain correct informations.
- Default web browser should be opened with login dialogue to Google Docs or Microsoft SkyDrive and show selected file after you login.