QA:Testcase Gnome Files
The Files application (also known as Nautilus) has been a major focus for work in the 3.6 cycle. The newest release includes many new features and a large number of bug fixes, resulting in a more functional and effective application.
- Add Enterprise Login accounts as described in Online Accounts test case.
How to test
- Browse files and directories as usual and try to open them. Use tabs, show hidden files.
- Create, copy, move, delete and rename files and directories. Try to select multiple files and/or folders, manually or by matching string and try to invert selection.
- Search for files and directories, use various keywords and filters.
- Switch between icon and list views. Sort files by name, size, type and last modification date, try also reverse order.
- Open "Recent" from places.
- There shouldn't be any regressions from previous release. You should see previews or icons correctly representing contents of files and directories. Files should be opened in associated applications.
- This should work on local, removable and remote media.
- Files should always find existing files and directories when using correct keywords and filters.
- List view should show correct informations. Sorting should work as expected.
- You should see recently accessed files sorted by modification date.