The Files application (also known as Nautilus) has been a major focus for work in the 3.6 cycle. The newest release includes many new features and a large number of bug fixes, resulting in a more functional and effective application.
- Add Enterprise Login accounts as described in Online Accounts test case.
How to test
- Browse files and directories using directory view and sidebar (Places, Devices and Network). Go backward and forward if available. Try to open files, use multiple tabs, show hidden files.
- Create, copy, move, delete and rename files and directories. Try to select multiple files and/or folders, manually or by matching string and try to invert selection.
- Search for files and directories, use various keywords and filters.
- Switch between icon and list views. Sort files by name, size, type and last modification date, try also reverse order.
- Navigate "Super menu" - "Preferences" - "Display" and enable "Navigate folders in a tree" in "List View". Close and then switch to list view.
- Open file and directory properties and check displayed informations. Change file/directory permissions and default application associations for various filetypes.
- Select some files and directories, compress them, move an archive to different location and extract them here.
- Open "Recent" from places.
- Connect to remote server, navigate "Super menu" - "Connect to Server" and fill correct address and credentials (if you are asked). Try various network file protocols, like (S)FTP, SMB, NFS and WebDAV.
- There shouldn't be any regressions from previous release. You should see previews or icons correctly representing contents of files and directories. Files should be opened in associated applications. This should work with local, removable and remote media.
- Every action should have expected result. This should work with local, removable and remote media.
- Files should always find existing files and directories when using correct keywords and filters.
- List view should show correct informations. Sorting should work as expected.
- You can navigate directories as a tree.
- Properties should display correct informations. Application association should change for every files with same filetype.
- Extracted files and directories should be exactly same as originals. This should work on local, removable and remote media.
- You should see recently accessed files sorted by modification date.
- This should work also with Kerberos and Active Directory network resources.