- Connect to network using Ethernet.
- Enable Wireless networking.
How to test
- Open "Network Management Settings" dialog in KDE.
- Navigate "Wireless" tab and then "Add" - "Shared".
- Setup Hotspot properties like SSID, encryption, password, IPv4 and IPv6 settings, etc...
- Check "WLAN Interface" properties using "Network Management" applet.
- Connect to wireless network using another device (notebook, smartphone, tablet, etc.).
- "WLAN Interface" properties should contain correct "Access Point (SSID)" and "Traffic" graph and counter should show correct informations.
- Hotspot should be visible for other devices with same SSID and encryption and you can connect to it using correct password.
- Run "nm-connection-editor" for setup Hotspot properties like SSID, encryption, password, enabling IPv6, etc..