From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case measures energy consumed by you system while in active idle with deactivated tuned (e.g. the default setting).
- Check that you have pm-test-day package installed:
$ rpm -q pm-test-day
For better results disable screensaver, screen dimming/turning off, transition to sleep mode and cron service:
- Disable screensaver (if applicable).
- Disable sleep mode, in Gnome 3:
$ gnome-control-center power
- In "On battery power", "Suspend when inactive for:" select "Don't suspend".
- Disable LCD power savings, in Gnome 3:
$ gnome-control-center screen
- Uncheck "Dim screen to save power".
- Set "Turn off after" to max. value.
- Disable cron:
# systemctl stop crond.service
- Disable user PM via gconf (and save previous settings), it needs to be run under user who is logged into desktop:
$ pmtd-pm-user-settings saveoff
- After the test it is possible to restore the previous settings by using the restore parameter instead of saveoff.
How to test
- Disable tuned by:
# tuned-adm off
- Run the following command:
- Do not touch your computer until the test completes (cca. 15 minutes).
- Write the output to the results table.
- Energy consumed during the test is written to the stdout.