QA:Testcase intelvideo suspend
This test case tests whether suspend / resume works successfully with the Intel video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a video adapter supported by the driver, and Fedora 11 or later (or Rawhide from any time after mid-February 2009). Your system must be capable of suspending and resuming normally (for instance, it worked in previous Fedora releases).
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'intel' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Suspend the system (for e.g. left click the battery icon and click 'suspend' or System ➛ Shutdown ➛ Suspend)
- Resume the system
- The system should come back with the display correct and at the correct resolution, backlight active, etc.