QA:Testcase nouveau glx
This test case tests whether accelerated OpenGL applications under compositing managers work with the Nouveau video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a card supported by the Nouveau video driver. This test case can only be performed with Fedora 13 or later.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration
- Ensure the file
/etc/X11/xorg.confdoes not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'nouveau' driver
- Install the
su -c 'yum install mesa-dri-drivers-experimental'
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Enable Compiz by selecting the menu item System → Preferences → Desktop Effects. Select Compiz from the list of Desktop Effects, and check both the Workspaces on a Cube and Windows Wobble when Moved boxes
- Install the
su -c 'yum install glx-utils'
glxgears(or, optionally, any other OpenGL app you can think of)
- Try covering the glxgears window with other windows
- Move the glxgears window around
- Rotate the desktop cube (ctrl+alt+drag the mouse)
- OpenGL apps should run properly and with full acceleration and behave as any other window. Covering them should work properly, they should move smoothly and wobble (when this effect is enabled), and should render properly when the desktop cube is being rotated