(use template for initial 'actions' steps, drop duplicate result steps)
(change the associated test case, now targets Beta, after btrfs became the default)
|(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|description=A complete installation using
|description=A complete installation using the [[Btrfs]] filesystem .
Latest revision as of 12:36, 10 September 2020
A complete installation using the Btrfs filesystem for system partitions.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the Custom option is selected under Storage Configuration, and complete this screen.
- On the MANUAL PARTITIONING screen, delete all existing partitions (if any).
- Pick 'btrfs' from the New mount points will use the following partitioning scheme: drop-down
- Click the Click here to create them automatically link
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.