Join the current machine to an Active Directory, and prevent automatic installation of packages.
- Make sure you have other required software:
- realmd 0.14.0 or later
- adcli 0.7 or later
- Verify that your Active Directory domain access works, or set a domain up.
- You need a domain account as an administrator.
- Leave realm(s) you are currently joined to.
- Remove necessary packages for joining active directory:
$ sudo yum remove sssd adcli sssd-tools
- Tell realmd not to automatically install packages, by placing these lines in your
[service] automatic-install = no
Make sure realmd is restarted:
$ sudo killall realmd
How to test
- Discover the domain, which should list the required packages:
$ realm discover ad.example.com
- Check the
- Try to join the domain, which should fail and list packages needed:
$ realm join --user=Administrator server.ad.example.com
- The packages needed should be listed, like:
- Now install the packages listed above using a
$ sudo yum install sssd adcli sssd-tools samba-common
- Perform the join again, this time it should complete without error
--verbose argument to see details of what's being done during a join. Include verbose output in any bug reports.
$ realm join --verbose server.ad.example.com