Fedora Development SIG
- The purpose of the Development SIG is to make Fedora a very good development distribution. The goal is to produce a great development distribution "out of the box" providing needed tools for both upstream developers and Fedora maintainers. We want to make it easy for developers -- both those experienced and new -- to get started developing with and for Fedora.
- The Development SIG will develop and release the "Fedora for Developers" live image and will work with Fedora release engineering on propagation / distribution.
- Releases of the "Fedora, Developer Edition" live image will follow Fedora release cycles.
- The "Fedora, Developer Edition" live image will be composed from packages from the Fedora Package Collection. Fedora Project infrastructure will be used in all aspects. When appropriate, defaults may be changed to improve the user experience.
Fedora, Developer Edition details
You can find a complete package list here .
- AndrewOverholt (overholt)
- Frank Murphy
- JeffJohnston (jjohnstn)
I would like to see a specific devel appside mailing list until then maybe: The firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
Traditionally, some of the initial participants have used the #fedora-java IRC channel on FreeNode but obviously #fedora-devel (also on FreeNode) is more appropriate.
Meetings will take place in the #fedora-meeting irc channel on Freenode, on Tuesdays at 18:00-19:00 UTC (2pm-3pm EDT) (see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#IRC).
- Log from first meeting: 2007-08-21
- Log from second meeting: 2007-08-28
- Log from third meeting: 2007-09-04
Proposed agenda for the fourth meeting (2007-09-11):
(Note: this page shamelessly copied from the Desktop SIG)