|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
Latest revision as of 14:29, 11 April 2012
 Fedora Mini Special Interest Group
The Fedora Mini SIG is a group of Fedora contributors that are interested in Fedora on small devices. Initially aimed at supporting NetBooks, Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs), it could over time be expanded to also cover things such as Set Top Boxes (STBs).
The Fedora Mini SIG is a group of Fedora contributors that are interested in Fedora on small devices. Initially aimed at ensuring that the hardware used in devices such as Netbooks and Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) work out of the box with Fedora. It could also be used to produce various spins for Gnome Mobile development, Intel's Moblin™ project, Hildon etc
 Current Status
Fedora Mini is moving forward. We now incorporate the Moblin™ and Sugar user interfaces in two official Fedora Spins.
- The stock Fedora works well on most netbooks
- Fedora 13 includes two official Fedora Mini Spins
- The dependency reduction is an ongoing project and always will be.
 Official Fedora Mini Spins for Fedora 13
 To the future and beyond
Moving forward Fedora Mini will continue to support and run the latest Sugar interface. We're reviewing the MeeGo™ with the intention of including the MeeGo™ UX into a future release of Fedora replacing the current Moblin™ UX. We have some OLPC XO-1s and XO-1.5s and are working to see what is required to get the XO-1 re-supported and the XO 1.5 properly supported. ARM platform support is also on the agenda but that needs more investigation. With the introduction of ARM based SmartBooks and Tablets it will become and important platform for Fedora Mini and Fedora in general.
Other ideas for the Fedora Mini project include support for more embedded architectures as well as Spins or Remixes for MIDS or Set Top Boxes such as a Moovida Media Centre spin.
 Getting help and getting involved
If you have no idea how to help us, here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few people are doing reviews. Help us with reviews so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: If you have a small device and use Fedora on it file bugs and add them as a blocker for the Fedora Mini Tracker Bug
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with Fedora Mini related bugs.
 Related Fedora projects
- The ARM secondary architecture project.
An overview of the hardware found in the various Netbook/Nettop devices can be found on the Hardware page.
Some of the devices include:
The upstream projects of interest to Fedora Mini include
The upstream sugar related projects:
Netbook releated projects:
Other related projects: