Fedora Mini Special Interest Group
The Fedora Mini SIG is a group of Fedora contributors that are interested in Fedora on small devices. Initially aimed at supporting NetBooks, Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs), it could over time be expanded to also cover things such as Set Top Boxes (STBs).
- Jeremy Katz
- Peter Robinson
- Jonathan Roberts
- Michel Salim
- Dominik Mierzejewski
- Tim Hawkins
- Larry Cafiero
- Greg Smith
- Phil Smith
- Neil Birchler
- Satish Mohan
- Eric Partida
The Fedora Mini SIG is a group of Fedora contributors that are interested in Fedora on small devices. Initially aimed at ensuring that the hardware used in devices such as Netbooks and Mobile Inter Devices (MIDs) work out of the box with Fedora. Eventually, we may also include and build a spin which is targeted at these devices through the use of another user interface experience. It could also be used to produce various spins for Gnome Mobile development, Intel's Moblin project, Hildon etc
- Stock Fedora working on current Netbook and MID hardware
- (F11) A spin of Fedora targeted for some of these smaller devices
- A reduction in dependencies to produce a small usable netbook install (Asus eeePC 701 comes with 2Gb Flash)
Some of the devices include:
- OLPC XO! See: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#Run_Fedora_applications_on_XO
Joining the SIG
Joining the Fedora Mini SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG by adding your name above and communicating with the rest of the team in the usual Fedora channels .
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us, here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few people are doing reviews. Help us with reviews so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: If you have a small device and use Fedora on it file bugs and add them as a blocker for the Fedora Mini Tracker Bug
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with Fedora Mini related bugs.
When submitting a Fedora Mini package for review please attach it to the Tracker Bug